Need new brake Bleeder one man tool.

It's time to flush my brakes again dealer wants $195 to do it!

Many years ago i bought a Pneumatic Brake Fluid Bleeder from harbor freight and i was looking to buy the same thing but more of a quality tool.

The HF one got broken years a go.

Suggestions or should i just buy the HF again?

I'll tell you what I have done in the past.

Think of a medical IV bag, how it is hung over the patient..........are you with me?

I made a cylinder out of PVC pipe, and attached a silicon rubber hose to the bottom. At the end of the hose, maybe 10 ft long (for versatility), i attached a valve, and another piece of hose.

Close the valve, fill the cylinder, and boom, power bleeder....you can do it from the Master or the caliper.

Later I did the same for gear oil and ATF, works like a charm.

Ready for the primadonnas of this site to attack, so bring it!:devilish:

The air powered OTC bleeder works awesome. Been using one for 20 years all by myself bleeding dry systems countless times, successfully every time. Getting ready to use it again on a 1949 Packard I just bought with no brake pressure.

It's time to flush my brakes again dealer wants $195 to do it!

Many years ago i bought a Pneumatic Brake Fluid Bleeder from harbor freight and i was looking to buy the same thing but more of a quality tool.

The HF one got broken years a go.

Suggestions or should i just buy the HF again?
Bleeding master.jpg

Anything like this. MOTIVE, OMP (this one), Schwaben etc.

Just did the rear brakes on my Ram Saturday. I have an old plastic candy jar that I drilled 2 holes in. I place a piece of plastic tube through the lid in the jar. I add about 1-1/2” of old fluid to the jar and place the hose over the bleed screw. Loosen the screw and pump your brakes until the fluid runs clean. Close the bleed screw and do the other side. I got 1-1/2 quarts of fluid out of my rear brakes. I’ll do the front when I change the brakes.

*** the hose in the jar must be submerged in the old fluid for this to work!

Very easy and cheap. Cost $3 for the plastic hose.

Just my $0.02

I have seen one of those being used and the adapters seem to be a lot better than the ones Motive. I have the Motive with the aluminum adapters and it leaks bad on some cars, I don't use it anymore on cars the scan tool can do a brake bleed. I think this one from speedibleed may be worth a look, it seems to be better quality.

Reactions: wtd
I'm cheap, I use a random clear bottle to collect old BF and a length of clear tube to attach to bleed screw. Trick is to run the tube UP above screw a few inches before running it down into bottle, then use brake pedal to pump BF out.
Normally, change pads (driver side front), suck old BF out the reservoir, add fresh BF, bleed that corner, this allows caliper piston to push more old BF into reservoir (to replace) then bleed next corner before changing pads x3.

Another vote for Motive pressure bleeding. You can fill the pressure chamber with fluid, which assures you don't pump air into the system if you are not paying attention, but I'm too lazy to clean the chamber afterward. I fill the master cylinder fully, attach the cap, then push air. This is typically fine for one wheels bleeding. Before going to the next, remove the cap and top off the master. Very simple and fast.

Back