Need new brake Bleeder one man tool.

Another vote for Motive pressure bleeding. You can fill the pressure chamber with fluid, which assures you don't pump air into the system if you are not paying attention, but I'm too lazy to clean the chamber afterward. I fill the master cylinder fully, attach the cap, then push air. This is typically fine for one wheels bleeding. Before going to the next, remove the cap and top off the master. Very simple and fast.
I just bought a Motive a couple weeks ago and have been debating the method I want to use. It seems like it could be more of a hassle to remove the adapter from the MC a few times to refill than it would be to clean the can.

It also seems likely to overfill the MC slightly if dispensing fluid from the bleeder can, upon removal of the adapter lid.

I just bought a Motive a couple weeks ago and have been debating the method I want to use. It seems like it could be more of a hassle to remove the adapter from the MC a few times to refill than it would be to clean the can.

It also seems likely to overfill the MC slightly if dispensing fluid from the bleeder can, upon removal of the adapter lid.
Some people use the Motive just for the pressure. I think if you did brake bleeding at a shop then leaving the Motive filled with brake fluid might be reasonable. But once a year at home, probably easier to use the Motive just for pressure.

I bought a Motive and the Speed Bleeders. And used the Speed Bleeders with my foot on the pedal. Did not use the Motive (yet).

I use the Motive and I'm of the don't-fill-it-with-fluid camp. It seems like something that would be tough to clean inside of!

If you're on a budget you could build something just like it yourself from stuff you can get at Home Depot.

Well then, without fluid in the jar, wouldn't you just get air for the first pump or two as well, and you keep pumping until the fluid runs clean? I use a vacuum bleeder so find this method unusual.
FWIW, it might seem unusual, but it is very reliable and very affordable. There is no need for a fancy tool.

The method has to do with physics and gravity. The fluid will run out of the tube and allow air back in to the caliper. If you submerge the hose in fluid it will pull the fluid back in that stays in the hose and not air. Same sort of theory has holding your thumb on the end of a straw, the fluid stays put. If you are curious you can YouTube it for a video.

Just my $0.02

It never occurred to me to not fill the Motive. But if you're going to do this, why not just buy the adapters and use regulated air?

FWIW, it might seem unusual, but it is very reliable and very affordable. There is no need for a fancy tool.

The method has to do with physics and gravity. The fluid will run out of the tube and allow air back in to the caliper. If you submerge the hose in fluid it will pull the fluid back in that stays in the hose and not air. Same sort of theory has holding your thumb on the end of a straw, the fluid stays put. If you are curious you can YouTube it for a video.

Just my $0.02
Here's an example of what you describe from ChrisFix. Works for me. I dab some silicone grease around the bleeder valve threads to reduce odds of air sucked in and I don't press the brake pedal all the way to the floor (some say you can damage seals with over extension).

I used my new-to-me Branick today. Wow so nice. My wife is now obsolete ;)
20240511_144509.jpg

Here's an example of what you describe from ChrisFix. Works for me. I dab some silicone grease around the bleeder valve threads to reduce odds of air sucked in and I don't press the brake pedal all the way to the floor (some say you can damage seals with over extension).

I used this type of setup yesterday and it worked well. I started with a 16 oz soda bottle and 1/4 tube, drilled a 3/8 hole in the lid as Chris Fix shows. My only addition is to place several small magnets along one side and wrap them and the bottle with painter's tape. This way you can hang the bottle on the caliper or frame while you pump the brakes.

Reactions: D60
I have seen one of those being used and the adapters seem to be a lot better than the ones Motive. I have the Motive with the aluminum adapters and it leaks bad on some cars, I don't use it anymore on cars the scan tool can do a brake bleed. I think this one from speedibleed may be worth a look, it seems to be better quality.
I have the master kit and all of the adapters seem to be of high quality.

Back