Need Help Getting New Parts To Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
The case does have a speaker right..? Just asking because my case (and a lot of cases these days) didn't have a speaker for me to listen for post codes when i was having issues, i had to go to radioshack and rig up a buzzer in order to hear them..

I apologize in advance if this offends you since its kind of an obvious thing.. but i thought id just check anyways.

Not offended at all - I've done far worse bone-head things than forgetting to hook up the speaker. But this time I'm good. I've actually tried 2 speakers, just in case. :)

Update - NewEgg was out of the MB/CPU so they credited my account and I ordered a FOXCONN N570SM2AA MB and A64 X2 4000+. Parts came last week and I installed everything yesterday. Working great, except for the sound. I installed the drivers and XP says everything is working, but I get no sound. Other than that, I'm very happy with the combo.

I disabled the sound in the BIOS and installed an old Sound Blaster card that was stuffed in a box of parts. Now I'm jamm'n as I post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back