Need extended oci filter recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I'll demand it in PRINT on company logo on the box (or other verifiable bona fide company literature).

Like a ???
whistle.gif
...Oh yea that makes it a capable filter sure.
grin2.gif

PureOne....would be the best bang for the buck...Reasonable in price, efficient...will work for OCI 8,000 +/-.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
PureOne....would be the best bang for the buck..Reasonable in price, efficient...will work for OCI 8,000 +/-.

P1 told me whether factory recommended OCI is 3,000 or 20,000 there filter is capable.

MY thinking on the P1 is that I wouldn't go past 10,000 OCI.

For extended OCI's (beyond 10,000), I would go to the Mobil 1 filter.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: daman
PureOne....would be the best bang for the buck..Reasonable in price, efficient...will work for OCI 8,000 +/-.

P1 told me whether factory recommended OCI is 3,000 or 20,000 there filter is capable.

Ah, the devil is in the details. That's nothing more than saying "meets or exceeds OEM spec's".

That explains the double speak
grin2.gif

The EaO is one year or 25k

Ah, the devil is in the details. That's nothing more than saying "meets or exceeds OEM spec's".

That explains the double speak
grin2.gif

The EaO is one year or 25k

If they state it it's confermed or it's their [censored] no?

Any filter spec'd for a given app is as good as what Purolator put on the line with that statement.

Fram can say the same thing.

So can we conclude from your adherence to this as some holy gospel of superiority ...that P1 is as good as a Fram orange can?

Good.
grin2.gif

Any filter spec'd for a given app is as good as what Purolator put on the line with that statement.

Fram can say the same thing.

So can we conclude from your adherence to this as some holy gospel of superiority ...that P1 is as good as a Fram orange can?

Good.
grin2.gif

Love your big words all the time..
grin2.gif

anyway yea there superior over a Orange scrap look at them side by side,im sure they tested it to recommend it,eao's aren't the holy grail!

id put up any of my three to a eao anyday. NOT saying their better just get the same job done.

i know you have to defend your filters and thats cool really.

lol.gif

The EaO is a non-OEM spec'd one year/25k filter ..and that's it. M1 is an official 15k/one year filter. ..and so is a PureOne. It's right on the box.

Now I'll also say that at or around 15k OVER ONE YEAR, that the PureOne or M1 would probably give you a better value in a filter. This is especially true of the PureOne. It's like $6. Hard to trump that price.

I would use that sturdy EaO for two OCs, but for a $6 filter, even though it may be able to go that long, I would just go ahead and change it. My 2 cents.

(My only beef with the EaO 34, is there is no fluting on the end.
I got to clean it pretty good to get a grip on it with my scarred-up old nerve damaged hands.)

Oh, I have no objection ...what so ever..to anyone's personal filter changing habits.

What I tend to point out is the reasoning that they use for doing so and the protests that they present for others asking about it.

It never has anything other than "feelings" involved. The OEM's suggest doing it ..the same people allege that the filter is fully capable of doing it ...yet it ONLY comes down to personal preference and is not founded in any factual based rationale.

That's it
21.gif
grin2.gif

Gary,Gary,Gary....

Did I miss something?

What's your choice for a 15k filter? I know it's not SuperTech. What's your choice for a 5k filter ..even if you're doing 15k a year? I'll bet it's not SuperTech.

Do you use the 15k filter for 15k.. or not? Why not?. It's obviously NOT because you DON'T believe it's fully functional over the 15k.

That leaves us with "feelings" (call it preferences, if you must).

or does anyone have an alternative point of view?

So, any one alleging that a 15k filter is indeed good for 15k would be totally candid in saying, "You can do it. I have full confidence in the filter that I promote (daily) as the best filter and fully capable of 15k+ ..20k even, it's just that I can't put my engine where my faith is in this filter. I just can't do it. But I believe that you can."

Can we have it both ways? It's a great filter for 15k ..but I can't do it myself.

Easy big guy! your going to make me run off the road withall that reading..

crackmeup2.gif
That's why I stop at green lights in Michigan...Just in case Dan's coming the other way...

Purolator PureONE oil filters should be replaced every 3,000 miles or 3 months depending on the driving conditions - or unless otherwise specified by the vehicle's manufacturer.

**This is from their site. Just FYI

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Purolator PureONE oil filters should be replaced every 3,000 miles or 3 months depending on the driving conditions - or unless otherwise specified by the vehicle's manufacturer.

yup i called and talk to there tech personal and they'll tell you a P1 is fully capable of following the manufactures recommendation when it comes to there OCI whether it's 3,000 or 20,000 there filter is capable,thats what they told be plan out!

Originally Posted By: ZZman

yup i called and talk to there tech personal and they'll tell you a P1 is fully capable of following the manufactures recommendation when it comes to there OCI whether it's 3,000 or 20,000 there filter is capable,thats what they told be plan out!

Yep ... Purolator is just using the "3,000 mile/3 month interval" statement to cover themselves, but the "or unlness otherwise specified by the vehicle's manufacture" over-rides the minimum OCI CYA statement.

A regular 'ol P1 should be fine for >10K mi. If you go oversize, 1yr/15K easy.

If I hadn't just settled in for a (hopefully) 2yr/30K oci with SSO/EaO (oversize filter and 1qt/4K top-off), I would probably use the P1.

Go P1 or Bosch D+ and never look back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back