Need a little help....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a winsun (chinese) vtwin diesel engine that I am trying to find oil filters for. The filter that comes on the engine when it is new is a Boshi B0-6003B...I have found the Boshi site and it shows a dihatsu oem filter # for a cross reference but I cant find anything further than that...what's stupI'd is its a chinese engine and has a 3/4-16 thread ...go figure lol.....the physical size is identical to a ph6607 but with a 3/4-16 thread instead of a 20-1.5 on the ph6607...I use the 6607's on my kubotas that's why I had one around to compare...I have tried most all the big name cross reference pages with no luck so far...Thanks in advance for any help ..David S

how much room around the filter there is plenty out there that will fit if you have enough room.

Thanks that was fast
smile.gif
..there isn't much room at all..I have some 3614's and will try one in the morning...if it doesn't fit ill get the smaller wix style since it will for sure fit....here is a link to the engine with some pics...

Originally Posted By: DSparks
There was a post earlier that said wix 51394...guess they deleted it..hmmmm...

Didn't delete it -- just gave the Fram number instead since that's what you seem to prefer.

Let us know how that Chinese diesel runs for you!
I saw those a while back and thought it would make an interesting engine to repower an old John Deere 318!

Originally Posted By: DSparks
http://www.carrollstream.com/20HP_V_Twin_Diesel_Engine_With_Electric_Start_p/csr2v840.htm

how well would this work for a generator?

My brother-in-law bought a PTO Gen last year that can run their essentials. (the gen they had before, you could either run the furnace, or the well pump, but not both.)
their tractor is...at least 30 yrs old(total guess), in the cold you need to plug it in for a while before you can really get it running.
not exactly ideal for an emergency power source.
so he was looking for a small diesel he could mount on a trailer with the PTO Gen, and just use that.(he could maneuver it from the barn to the house with his truck, or bobcat)

Good bad and ugly on the filter search.....bought a new ph4967 and a microgard 51394 (oriellys new stock wix made) and they would physically screw on but not far enough to squish the gasket and seal very good...the engine has an oil cooler adapter on it and the hex on the attachement (through bolt) is rather thick and the threaded part of the filter hits it b4 the gasket is squished enough for a good seal...both leaked when engine was started
frown.gif
..Visually the Boshi filter definitly has more depth between the gasket sealing surface and where the thread starts..The 3614 gasket mounting area is much bigger but the gasket sealing area on the engine is also fairly large so I screwed on a 3614 and it felt good going on and sealed perfectly..its a tight fit but it works ...ran it for an hour just to make sure....its larger and the fact that I have about 5 cases of them makes it even better sinceI use them on a fleet of briggs vanguard and kohler command powered pressure washers I have..:).......for the other guys questions....I only have one of these engines so far and its basically a test engine.... so far the engine itself is doing fine It has about 125 hours on it.... WOT 3600 rpm from the turn of the key....throttles are locked at WOT.... IMHO they would work great in a generator application, But OMG are they noisy lol

Last edited:
If you have the time, look in a big WIX or Baldwin filter where you can choose the filter by application (engine oil), thread, gasket dimensions, can size, etc. I don't know about the gasket area depth....

Or try emailing WIX or Baldwin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back