Nascar

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are paid advertising, but as the guy said in the link, if the car has a Mobil 1 sticker on it, it's using Mobil 1.

That does it. I want to race for a beer company!
10.gif

It is a mix between off the shelf supply and the special teams that get the special blends, just like Formula 1.

In Formula 1, all the teams use special mixes. Quaker State & Pennzoil are Shell racing blends from their labs that make F1 oils.

Indycar uses Mobil 1 special mix exclusively as a supplier to Honda.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
ive read about a 0wt in qualifying and anywhere from a 10-20wt in race conditions. remember they have 3-5 gallon sumps on these cars also.

I think its closer to 3 gallons in the sump, however, know that they use great big oil radiators and try really hard to keep the oil below ~285dF.

With history of my family and my girlfriend's in NASCAR, I've heard plenty of stories about the race team getting a load of Quaker State or what have you dropped off, and by the end of the day the intercom tells everyone to grab the cases they want to take home; because they keep Mobil 1 in their oil drums for their racecars.

Not stirring the pot to say everyone uses M1, but I wouldn't believe the sponsorships per se. Inside the garage, the guys are going to run what they want to. What's on the car is simply to advertise for corporate.

Kind of like I think many of the motors claimed to be Ford or Dodge, etc. were really Chevrolet on many occasions... :p

I have always like and run M1 in my vehicle up until a few months ago. But I do understand that M1 race oil isn't always going to be what I can grab off the shelf either!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back