NAPA UOA kit

What's the general consensus on accuracy on NAPA UOA kit VS Blackstone? Other than the price.

Screenshot (25).jpg

I've been using them for years as "Wix" branded test kits. I get them through Amazon or Rock. Price at Amazon ranges from $13 to $21.
Over the years, they've helped me to figure out that two Jasper rebuilds were the total crap that they were... and that Formula Shell is a weak product, and definitely not the PCMO version of Rotella that many would like to believe it is.

When I mail them off, I use the same white and blue Amazon padded bag that I get them in. Costs $2.84. Sails right through the USPS in that Amazon bag. Results arrive within a week. ALS has a website that keeps all of your test results in one place, they can be put side by side for analysis.

Last edited:
You're not going to get a fuel percentage or flashpoint with the Napa/Wix kits, so if that concerns you, I would recommend going to Oil Analyzers. Otherwise, they're a good value.

Includes TBN, but not fuel. I like them, especially if you can get them for a good price. They have a couple labs across the country. The one in Portland processes very quickly. I've had them turn around results in 48 hours. Plus the shipping is pretty reasonable with USPS. The total cost last time was under $20. I bought a couple kits from RA when I was purchasing other items.

So overall,the analysis is better than Blackstone's correct? I've never done a analysis before and plan on doing one on some Torco SR1.

So overall,the analysis is better than Blackstone's correct? I've never done a analysis before and plan on doing one on some Torco SR1.
Define "better" ...

If you want to know fuel dilution with the included price, go to Oil Analyzers.
If you want TBN for a low included cost, use the Wix/Napa.
If you want a more personalized service, use BS.

As for as accuracy for the spectral elemental analysis, they are all decent. It's the "other" stuff that may tip you one way or another.

Back