Blackstone UOA vs Amsoil UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: zyxelenator
Pablo, there is possibility, and a lot of people wonder the same as you mentioned.
I didn't state it, that's why I used word "might".

Quote:
might 2 (mt)
aux.v. Past tense of may
a. Used to indicate a condition or state contrary to fact: She might help if she knew the truth.
b. Used to indicate a possibility or probability that is weaker than may: We might discover a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
2. Used to express possibility or probability or permission in the past: She told him yesterday he might not go on the trip.
3. Used to express a higher degree of deference or politeness than may, ought, or should: Might I express my opinion?

I understood your intent. Probably a better choice of words would have conveyed your thoughts. Something as simple as: "As loony as it sounds, there might actually be people who believe because Amsoil owns OAI, there could be a bias. I've never seen any evidence of such a thing......."

Just saying.

http://www.oaitesting.com/prices_automotive_fleet.htm

Anyway, I have nothing against Blackstone, but I agree the comments are for entertainment only. It also seems when they lose it on calibration (which they do) - additive levels are all over the place.

My gripes with OAI who subcontracts with Polaris:

1) They sometimes alert - yellow or worse red - additives as if they are contaminants.
2) They provide Oxidation and Nitration levels with no context and certainly no numbers from the virgin oil. (Right there shows that they don't have any bias for Amsoil)

Originally Posted By: Donald
I agree with others that the Blackstone comments are pretty useless. Kind of like your buddy telling you what you want to hear. I go with OAI since the TBN is included. Unsure why anyone would want a UOA without the TBN?

Perhaps to check for coolant contamination in oil that was not run particularly far?

He's just speculating. No one is being accused of anything.

I personally use Blackstone Labs because i like them. Their reports are easy to read and i like their sometimes pointless comments.

Amsoil lab might be interested in making up good UOAs for Amsoil oil and worse for other brands.
Pablo, there is possibility, and a lot of people wonder the same as you mentioned.
I didn't state it, that's why I used word "might".

Originally Posted By: Artem
and i like their sometimes pointless comments.

When I'm in need of that, I just log onto BITOG.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back