Napa synthetic OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Why not M1 with rebate - the nearest source of M1 cheap is 19 miles away. The nearest source of Napa Full Synthetic is 1.5 miles away and I don't have to do any stinking rebate bull ...

Then order more than $50 on a W/M order (2 jugs of M1 and $5 in Techron/Heet) and have it shipped free to your door step. That's both closer and cheaper. It takes 10-15 minutes max to submit a pair of rebates on line....equivalent of making $96-$144/hr tax free.

I'd change every 1,000 with a FRAM Ultra if using a cheap synthetic. Amsoil or Royal Purple I'd leave for 2-3k. I assume you drag race on weekends to be worried, right?

Every time I see this it just drives me bonkers. There isn't a thing wrong with NAPA Synthetic. Most people change their oil before it hits 7k, so its going to do its job plus some. As far as having a weaker add pack as compared to Valvoline, well that is arguable. If it is weaker it isn't by much and isn't enough to make a bit of difference in the real world between the two. I know what the PDS says for both, and while the PDS is in line with Synpower according to PQI, it is not with NAPA Syn. PQI has tested both and they are 99% identical in add pack. Now Synpower may have a little group 4 in it whereas NAPA is more than likely all group 3, the cold pumping numbers suggest that. Its a [censored] of a deal for 2.99 a quart, when its cousin is much more. Its a very good sleeper oil like Magnetec, QSUD and a few others. I'd say I have used about every brand you can think of and NAPA ranks up there with those mentioned. Matter of fact I currently am running it in my 14 ram 3.6L, and doing great.

To give an example of differences between PQI test and NAPA PDS from Valvoline, it states 1600 ppm calcium, while PQI test reveals 2100, there is also a difference in amount of sodium, which results in a TBN as high as Synpower. I get why Valvoline would like you to believe there is a big difference to buy their higher priced Synpower, but again, testing reveals there just isn't much of one to talk about.

Now to the Mobil guy, hey you like Mobil, and that's just fine. Its not everyone's cup of tea and its something you have to accept. Every oil has a pro and con. Mobil is known for a little higher iron wear, not anything to worry about but there it is. NAPA, QSUD, Synpower etc are not known for extended OCI, so there is that. DI engines have been tested to run a little cleaner with a add pack such as Valvoline, though I wouldn't argue its enough to really help those valve deposits.

Personally I don't do the rebate system, always get screwed, so if its not on sale, I have no reason to buy it.. just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back