NAPA silver oil filters

Has NAPA discontinued many or all of their Silver oil filters? I can’t seem to find them anymore for the cars for which I used to purchase them.
Only seeing Gold and Proselect for the most part. And they’re still selling Baldwin and K&N.

Silver was more aimed at the do it yourselfer Pro Select at jobbers. I have used a ton of Silvers bought in bulk when on sale for ridiculous prices. They won't rival a Fram for efficiency but they are well built.

I used them and can't find them anymore. They were a little better than Pro Selects. I did a pleat count once and the Silver had around 5 more pleats. I think they have been discontinued.

I wonder if the Silver and the Pro Select became the same filter? The Wix Pro-Tec (which I believe was the same as the Pro Select) just got upgraded to 98.7% @ 25 Micron, 10,000 mi recommended OCi and a claimed 45-50% more holding capacity than the OCOD.

I wonder if the Silver and the Pro Select became the same filter? The Wix Pro-Tec (which I believe was the same as the Pro Select) just got upgraded to 98.7% @ 25 Micron, 10,000 mi recommended OCi and a claimed 45-50% more holding capacity than the OCOD.

I don't trust anything below a Napa Gold and standard Wix, too many bad reports out there:

That being said the Napa Silver does have a good reputation but most of what I've seen on this site is at least 5 years old in regards to this oil filter. I hope one would be okay for the OP's sake but I would just assume go with something that I know is proven like the Napa Gold instead.

I don't trust anything below a Napa Gold and standard Wix, too many bad reports out there:

That being said the Napa Silver does have a good reputation but most of what I've seen on this site is at least 5 years old in regards to this oil filter. I hope one would be okay for the OP's sake but I would just assume go with something that I know is proven like the Napa Gold instead.

That's all well and good but if he can't buy any filters with the old Pro Tec, Pro Select or Silver media it doesn't really apply.

Right you are.
The standard price for a Silver filter at NAPA was usually $3.99.
Normally I waited for their numerous sales and would pick up say, 4 for $10 when they went down to $2.50 apiece.
Decent filters: good, not great.
A 5000, perhaps 7500 miles OCI.

I believe O'Reilly's MicroGuard is the equivalent to the Napa Silver. I would have no problem using one but $10 for one is a bit high in my opinion.

Napa's catalog doesn't even list the Silver anymore. Gold, Proselect, and Platinum. Spec-wise the Proselect and Silver were identical anyway, just different paint and slightly different part numbers.

I understand NAPA silver filters are bottom-level workshop filters (or economy filters). They are OK... good enough up to 5,000 miles.
My preferred size shows to be available for 30-minute pickup at my local NAPA store:
1645200335770.jpg

You know I cut most of the filter I get out of OCI's I do. In all the time I've been cutting filters I never ran across one filter that even appeared to be running out of holding capacity. But 98.7 % at 25 microns well I consider that very mediocre. I'm waiting for the standard to move to 99% at 10 microns!

Back