NAPA RED Toyota coolant

Is the NAPA RED Toyota coolant same as OEM Toyota red or pink?

1640973197805.png

When you say oem do you mean the same manufacturer? Its probably at least the same formulation or meets the same specifications. Walmarts super tech and valvolines zerex also have toyota red equivalents.

PXL_20211231_203322228.jpg

I just bought a jug. On sale for $11.99. Bottled by Peak.

Went in for Zerex, but they had none.

"Same AF 'type' as SLL pink, long service interval Asian Phoat AF. Same attributes. Rebranded Peak Asian OET. Is it identical inhibitors to SLL, probably not. That said, I'd use in Toyota application with no worries. Last day of sale price too.

Should be pink in color since it’s 50/50. Pure red is straight coolant. I was going to get Zerex at AZ but it was the same price as Toyota pink.
Toyota Red is the older Long Life Coolant (5 years from the factory), Toyota Pink is the newer Super Long Life Coolant (factory 10 year interval, although my xB still has the original at around 16 now!). Red is available full strength OR 50/50, Pink SLLC is ONLY 50/50 from Toyota, but Recochem does make a full strength pink concentrate in their OEM brand-IF you can find it. Pep Boys had it in the past, but not anymore (here).

Reactions: Y_K
As others said my NAPA has it for $11.99 a gallon. I need the red in my older corolla. Yup I saw that PEAK was making it for NAPA.

Just wonder how close it is to OEM Toyota red?

As others said my NAPA has it for $11.99 a gallon. I need the red in my older corolla. Yup I saw that PEAK was making it for NAPA.

Just wonder how close it is to OEM Toyota red?
Reasonably close, should have similar, or at least compatible chemistry. I use Zerex Asian myself, but this sounds good enough.

Last edited:
Just noticed NAPA has it now for $18.99. Guess I got it on sale.
You did indeed, and at an excellent price. Good call.

As for red vs pink tint AFs, unlike Toyota AFs the aftermarkets like topic, Peak Asian OET and ZAV make no distinction for tint. Red-ish tint is the long service interval Asian Phoat AFs similar to/same as Toyota SLL.

The older Toyota LL red, while it comes in full strength also has a shorter service interval, an OM recommended 2years/30k miles. The pink SLL and aftermarkets are ~5years/50k miles in subsequent to initial fill service.

NAPA RED says 5 years or 150k miles I think per their web site. The jug doesn't say anything about life span??. Really I don't know how long NAPA RED is good for. And yes it is made by PEAK.

Guessing all the aftermarket Toyota coolants are "close" but not exact in ingredients compared to real OEM Toyota coolant. Sure they all might work okay but not the same as OEM. Is that fair to say?

When I said, 5years/50k miles, it's in subsequent to initial fill according to Toyota. If not following OM recommendations, judgement on miles. Topic AF does say "up to" 150k miles. I'd be confident following OM recs with topic AF.

As said in first reply, likely not identical inhibitors, but same Asian PHoat type AF with same attributes. no silicates, nitrites, amines.

It's the newer Toyota Pink.

If you have an older car, like I do, run the red only from Toyota. My cooling system has aluminum, iron, and brass in it and the red deals with all that perfectly. The pink coolant doesn't do that nearly as well.

I see the manufacturer specific coolant at most parts stores now and I’m SURE its better than using the “universal, all makes” brand.
I would trust anything from Peak or Zerex that is targeting a specific vehicle manufacturers specs.

I see the manufacturer specific coolant at most parts stores now and I’m SURE its better than using the “universal, all makes” brand.
I would trust anything from Peak or Zerex that is targeting a specific vehicle manufacturers specs.
prestone is good too

Back