Toyota Pink or Prestone red

If it wasn’t for Toyota sealing the coolant passages on their engines with RTV, I would say Prestone is fine. However, Toyota Pink uses sebacic acid as the OAT, and Prestone uses both 2-EHA and sodium neodeconate(also a sebacic acid derivative) and the MZ/UR engines already leak coolant from the valley plate so it’s a draw.

That said, I have Prestone in a 3MZ-FE powered Sienna. Almost 4 years since the valley plate reseal, no coolant loss besides evaporation in the reservoir.

I guess everyone here dinging 2EHA in an Asian vehicle application doesn't know that Subaru's OEM Super Coolant is now Prestone dyed blue. Can't believe it? Take a look at the ingredient list. Look familiar?

It's made by Prestone, the telltale hint is the "SDS 922" in the lower left corner on the back. They put an "SDS xxx" notation on all their coolants bottles.

This change makes perfect sense. I've been using Dexclones in Asian vehicles for well over 17 years with no issues whatsoever.

View attachment 213550

View attachment 213551
The P-xxxx and MTxxxx codes on the label and bottle are also Prestone/Alsip Packaging giveaways too. If it was bottled by CCI Illinois/OWI, there is a different 2-3 digit code, a longer code on the bottle and label layout is different.

That’s has to be blue Cor-Guard. Prestone has been an American take on pHOAT since 2016.

Back