NAPA Platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt running one of these (overrated) filters will harm your engine, but I don't see the point in them. They remind me of Baldwin. Good filters, but nothing special and hard to find. Napa is on the other side of town for me and they have to order them. (I asked about them while they had their filter sale..) I can go to WM and easily buy an Ultra for much less. Heck, an M1 is still cheaper!

I like WIX filters and will always use them, but this one just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Originally Posted By: asharris7
You guys kill me....Napa Platinum is a great filter!!!

f67334bc58f2468bad15312669d5edaa0afe4c44de4eb56039994a47f00d296b.jpg

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
^^^ What makes it so great?

Synthetic media, Holding capacity, wired back media etc...

May not be as great as the ultra, but you guys are being way too harsh on this filter. . .

50% @ 20 microns isn't very good IMO, but others might not really care, and that's fine. "Filtering" is the main purpose of a filter, and I think many buy with that as one main performance factor.

If people want to pay the high price for the Platinum just to get bottom of the barrel filtering efficiency, then that's the buyer's choice ... if he actually knows what he's really getting.
grin.gif

high Price meaning $7.....

You said $7.50 "on sale". The normal price is more like $13 for a spin-on, so yeah the sale price isn't too bad.
Platinum Prices

Even if it was $3, I probably wouldn't use it ... because I want a filter that filters better, that's just my standard.

high Price meaning $7.....

You said $7.50 "on sale". The normal price is more like $13 for a spin-on, so yeah the sale price isn't too bad.
Platinum Prices

Even if it was $3, I probably wouldn't use it ... because I want a filter that filters better, that's just my standard.

Sorry I forgot to add the 50c....geez. Well, we don't even know what ride or oil or filter you use so..

These days I pretty much just use PureOnes and Ultras ... but now PureOnes are on the "tearing watch list", so it will be Ultra and WIX/NAPA Golds unless I decide to use up the 4 or 5 PureOnes in my filter stash.

I have used NAPA Golds, WIX, Amsoil, Purolator Classics and Motorcraft in the past. All of those filters are at least 95% efficient at 20 microns, which is about my "threshold" for filtering efficiency performance.

I see you are using an Ultra on one of your rides now ... so why put a Platinum on it and get half the filtering efficiency? Guess I don't get the logic.

They are $13.24 here. Sale price for me brings them right below $9 IIRC. They need special ordered and I have to drive twice as far to get them.

Their lack of efficiency makes them even less appealing. Much better bang for you buck out there IMO.

These days I pretty much just use PureOnes and Ultras ... but now PureOnes are on the "tearing watch list", so it will be Ultra and WIX/NAPA Golds unless I decide to use up the 4 or 5 PureOnes in my filter stash.

I have used NAPA Golds, WIX, Amsoil, Purolator Classics and Motorcraft in the past. All of those filters are at least 95% efficient at 20 microns, which is about my "threshold" for filtering efficiency performance.

I see you are using an Ultra on one of your rides now ... so why put a Platinum on it and get half the filtering efficiency? Guess I don't get the logic.

I bought the platinum's on SALE for $7.50 before I was introduced here. I still have 3 left. I have about 5 Puro Synthetics, and 2 Ultras in my stash. Again, I am not worried about using any of them. There are plenty of Toyota and Honda OEM filters out there on cars that have lasted 300k+. If a little efficiency is going to matter, they would have exploded by then. I understand where you are coming from however, these synthetics are all good filters at the end of the day.

^^^ I agree they probably won't hurt anything with their low filtering performance - and they are well built filters. Personally, I think WIX/NAPA could have made their full synthetic much more efficient to match the others on the market. I just won't use a filter unless it's at least 95% @ 20 microns - that's just a personal standard I've come to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back