Napa Gold 7356 Cut Open

This one run 4900 mi, one year with Magnatec 0w20 on 3.5L Honda. Super Tech Synthetic 10K mi (from box) and Bosch Prem. 3323 went back. First time using box oil, found with 12qt box best to have a saved 5qt jug to work with, which I did. This might be first louvered 7356 I've used, they were fine. That said, local Napa has discontinued Gold 40% off sale, so unless it comes back, could be last for a while. Bosch Prem. 3323 now better value for me.

P1020354.JPG

P1020358.JPG

P1020359.JPG

Thanks Imp4. Louvers in this anecdote are fine. Because cutting media off endcaps with exacto knife my least favorite part of dissection, didn't do that here, thus no light down tube pic either. 3rd pic shows louvers in good shape here. Maybe later if I choose I'll do it, but it would be redundant with pic #3 imo.

As for very oft discussed element size on the 7356, it is smaller than equivalent applications using dome bypass, like aforementioned Bosch 3323. That said, I've used many of them now with similar results and am completely confident in their holding capacity being more than adequate. Enough so, confident I could have followed Hondas two oci rec. with this one and others I have used and posted. That said, one plus if M&H goes to dome bypass on the Wix, would/could be larger element. Dome bypass seems likely to come on these. With sale I was getting these for $4 and change.

Last edited:
Back