A few Bosch Premium 3323 cut open.

First 3323 run ~6800 mi. in 8 month, Nissan Rogue 2.5 using Rotella Gas Truck 5w20. Replaced with red can L14610 now with silicone adbv, and some closeout AAP Total Quartz 0w20. Chose the L14610 this tiime because wanted to compare results to the 3323. Typical results for 3323 in my experience, glad I stocked up at RA before change from US coo. A quality filter.
P1020418.JPGP1020421.JPGP1020424.JPGP1020425.JPGP1020428.JPGP1020431.JPGP1020432.JPG
The last pic shows two 3323 run on two different Hondas. The one on left run on 2.4L for ~1year, ~5800 mi. with M1EP 0w20. The one on the right run 3.5L engine ~1 year ~5700 mi with Super Tech 10k Full Synthetic 0w20. Same oil and filter combinations went back both vehicles. As an aside, the latter still under warranty. No need to completely dissect, same results as the first.
P1020434.JPG

Last edited:
I've always had a soft spot in my heart (brain?) for Bosch and AC Delco oil filters.

Didn't some Bosch filters catch particles smaller than 20 microns not too long ago?

Looks like a quality made filter. Do you know where the manufacturing country moved to now?

I've always had a soft spot in my heart (brain?) for Bosch and AC Delco oil filters.

Didn't some Bosch filters catch particles smaller than 20 microns not too long ago?
I think these are more like 99@30-35

....Didn't some Bosch filters catch particles smaller than 20 microns not too long ago?
"Bosch site info says the Premium" 99%@20um. That said, whatever it is I'm confident significantly better than the Honda OEM A02. Wasn't a priority in my RA purchase decision, but doesn't hurt either. After using some I was more into the quality they showed.

Looks like a quality made filter. Do you know where the manufacturing country moved to now?

Latest anecdotes show Hencho en Mexico. "Some' I've seen don't show the quality of the US made.

"Bosch site info says the Premium" 99%@20um. That said, whatever it is I'm confident significantly better than the Honda OEM A02. Wasn't a priority in my RA purchase decision, but doesn't hurt either. After using some I was more into the quality they showed.

Latest anecdotes show Hencho en Mexico. "Some' I've seen don't show the quality of the US made.
Unfortunately, that advertisement is based on testing one premium filter (3500). Hopefully, it's across the board but I have my doubts about others being the same. But you're right they are good quality filter though & I've ran them too on my prior truck for 10k.

I've been hearing about some bad filters coming out of Mexico lately. Where will you turn to after your stock depletes? :LOL:

Unfortunately, that advertisement is based on testing one premium filter (3500). Hopefully, it's across the board but I have my doubts about others being the same. But you're right they are good quality filter though & I've ran them too on my prior truck for 10k.

I've been hearing about some bad filters coming out of Mexico lately. Where will you turn to after your stock depletes? :LOL:
Yep, saw that too (seen it before) and seen the debates/discussions about it (efficiency). Either way, just not something of a major concern to me. When the Honda A02 tests out ~65% @20um, lots of leeway above that for the BP. or pretty much any filter. 😉

As for what I will do, I'll figure something out. I still have 7 left, but no doubt whatever filter, won't be the value of price for quality I got from RA on these. I've never stashed filters before, but this call a good one.

Yep, saw that too (seen it before) and seen the debates/discussions about it (efficiency). Either way, just not something of a major concern to me. When the Honda A02 tests out ~65% @20um, lots of leeway above that for the BP. or pretty much any filter. 😉

As for what I will do, I'll figure something out. I still have 7 left, but no doubt whatever filter, won't be the value of price for quality I got from RA on these. I've never stashed filters before, but this call a good one.
I figured you're well aware of that & LOL at any other filter being better. :LOL: I was so quick to save a buck on filters that I bought up a stash of 6-7yr old Purolator One's but I'm still going to run them. Sometimes I wonder if I'd run that Honda filter if it's cheap enough... :ROFLMAO:.

First 3323 run ~6800 mi. in 8 month, Nissan Rogue 2.5 using Rotella Gas Truck 5w20. Replaced with red can L14610 now with silicone adbv, and some closeout AAP Total Quartz 0w20. Chose the L14610 this tiime because wanted to compare results to the 3323. Typical results for 3323 in my experience, glad I stocked up at RA before change from US coo. A quality filter.
View attachment 180049View attachment 180052View attachment 180054View attachment 180055View attachment 180057View attachment 180058View attachment 180059
The last pic shows two 3323 run on two different Hondas. The one on left run on 2.4L for ~1year, ~5800 mi. with M1EP 0w20. The one on the right run 3.5L engine ~1 year ~5700 mi with Super Tech 10k Full Synthetic 0w20. Same oil and filter combinations went back both vehicles. As an aside, the latter still under warranty. No need to completely dissect, same results as the first.
View attachment 180060
Looks good. Nice pics and write up. Thank You

Last batch I got from RA a year ago were 2021 made in Mexico. I saw some metal shavings in the filter threads and inside below threads. Previous batches were made in USA.

How many miles on this engine? ... looks clean inside.
~60,500-ish miles on a 2017. I don't remember exactly, but wrote 66k and change on window sticker. Set the dash maintenance oci warning indicator for 5500mi interval. I do that expecting it will be 500-1000 max over. lol. As it's a little distance away, never a certainty when I'll see it. Why I always use synthetic oil, gives me more leeway. Yes, I found/saw nothing unusual (nothing really) in the media pleating, it did look clean. Really, the Jatco CVT more a concern on these. Has had one drain fill, but still a weak point on the Rogue.

I’ve been running these off and on our 2015 Odyssey. Cut a few of them open never seen any issues. There cheap on Amazon and RA.

Back