NAPA FS or ST FS?

I changed my ST oil to NAPA a few days ago, at 7 months and 3,234 miles.
I felt like I wanted to get the ST out of there and get some NAPA in there, which may or may not be better.
I guess I'll do 6 month OCIs with one of these lower priced oils, or oils on sale.

Which of these oils would be better to run a whole year, ST or NAPA?

Or should I just spend a little more for something name brand like Magnatec, Edge, PP, M1, QS, or Valvoline and just run that for 1 year, or would I be better to 2 OCIs a year with ST or NAPA? Sorry if I still seem to obsess over this.

Don't over-think it. I have used brand vs. ST full synthetics and no issue with any one of them. As long as you are following mfr OCI, you are good to use oil of your choice. I am frugal so I will stick with ST or Kirkland unless other brand name comes close to the "generic oil" pricing. Same with oil filters, too.

Either should be fine, if you're only doing about 5000-6000mi a year, I don't think it matters which synthetic you use, just get whatever's cheapest and keep an eye out for consumption.

Ive never used ST but I've used Napa FS for years and never had an issue its good stuff, back of the bottles have "developed by valvoline" on them. I'm sure ST is fine but I'd pick Napa oil if price was equal from my experience with it.

It's interesting how some people factor in the savings of 5 dollars or so per year when considering what brand of oil to use in your precious vehicle. Vehicles are most peoples second most expensive item they own in life. Just sayin...

I guess my point is use what makes you sleep good at night, and don't sweat it, especially don't sweat a few dollars per year when it comes to something as important as your vehicle.

After two uses, you'd end up with 4 leftover qts = free oil on 3rd oil change
which would be great if it had more level marks, but the first level mark is at the top of the little cut out in the cardboard where the 2qt line is which to me seems like it'd be a pain trying to fine tune getting 4 quarts out of it where with a 5qt jug you can clearly see when there's 3qts left then 2qts left and you're getting close to 1qt.

It's interesting how some people factor in the savings of 5 dollars or so per year when considering what brand of oil to use in your precious vehicle. Vehicles are most peoples second most expensive item they own in life. Just sayin...

I guess my point is use what makes you sleep good at night, and don't sweat it, especially don't sweat a few dollars per year when it comes to something as important as your vehicle.
That's true.
So what do I do next OCI, buy PP and run it a full year or run these oils 2x a year?
Me changing these oils 2x a year might be better than if I had bought PP and ran it a full year.
See what I mean?

which would be great if it had more level marks, but the first level mark is at the top of the little cut out in the cardboard where the 2qt line is which to me seems like it'd be a pain trying to fine tune getting 4 quarts out of it where with a 5qt jug you can clearly see when there's 3qts left then 2qts left and you're getting close to 1qt.
LOL. It’s not rocket science.

Back