Do Some Oils Ever "Feel" Better To You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With my Nissan Sentra, PP felt better than any other oil.
Right now I'm trying to see if I will feel like NAPA FS feels better in my engine than the ST FS I drained out of it last week with 3,234 miles on it over 7 months.

Do any of you ever seem to sense that a certain oil seems like it does a better job of lubing your engine than other brands of oil?

I find the best kind of oil is oil.

That said, as long as you meet appropriate weight and manufacturer / API / other regulatory body specs the differences are fairly negligible. Some cars have special needs, but nothing you'd ever feel.

Used this oil before with good results;

1634596880151.jpeg

Honestly the only time I've noticed any difference was when using Mobil 1 0w30 in a 2005 Chevy Uplander (3.5 V6). It developed a tick almost immediately and and went away as soon as I changed the oil some 5K miles later. I've since used Mobil 1, Pennzoil Platinum, Valvoline etc. with no noticeable difference between oils.

I ran Castrol 0w-40 in my Yaris for about 15K miles (one OCI); being a manual I thought it was more difficult to lug the engine pulling away from a stop sign.

Not really a brand "thang" but a viscosity "thang"

Yes.

Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40 has so far "felt" better than comparable oils in every engine I have tried it in.

I can't explain it, and I won't try to.
I know what you mean. I'm not sure what it was, whether it was better oil pressure or what, but PP felt good in that Sentra engine.
Perhaps I should run PP the next OCI and maybe even run it for a full year. Or even run PP but do 2 OCIs a year with it.

So what do you do, go by what you read here and ignore your senses?
Not an attack on you. Just knowing what you posted was going to bring ridicule and snickering among other forum members.
But reading your responses it doesn't seem to be an issue with you. You rather seem to enjoy it, so....knock yourself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back