Do Some Oils Ever "Feel" Better To You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, just like a newly waxed car is faster because they are more aerodynamic with air having a easier time gliding over it.

Such as not asking whether “feel” is a valid criteria for motor oil choice or evaluation?

It may not be for you, so why shouldn't it be for me or anyone else here?
Are you the last word on it?

Last edited:
New oil seems better to me, whatever it was/is. I come in to my garage trashing the car/I go out after a new oil change and thrash the car it feels like it wants to rev faster and it "seems" to have a tad more torque. But you soon can't decipher the difference, as you lose the "come in " reference "feeling".

Last edited:
Years ago many made the noise claim with M1. I just changed my F-150 to M1 HM 5W20 and it's quiet and smooth, so yo-no-se.

I've seen some weird doo dee over the years, so I don't say anything about people feeling better with one oil over another. There are probably hundreds of threads here on the subject.

Years ago many made the noise claim with M1. I just changed my F-150 to M1 HM 5W20 and it's quiet and smooth, so yo-no-se.

I've seen some weird doo dee over the years, so I don't say anything about people feeling better with one oil over another. There are probably hundreds of threads here on the subject.
Yep - that led me to my DB testing where actually PUP was noisier (in both a Ford/GM) than M1 - and I’ll never say both are not great lubes …
As for feel ? I‘d have a better chance at that in OPE than a V8 or V6 motor …

Yes. I switched over from some rando oil to Valvoline in 2 cars. The cars had a little chatter and vibration before, but with the Valvoline it's really smoothed them out.

I was usung a hand pump to fill transmission and the royal purple max atf pumped easier than penzoil high milage synthetic. Switched back and forth with the same results.

Yes, some nice olive oil with some Italian seasoning and good focaccia before a nice Italian dinner feels great. Gnocchi Alfredo also feels good until 5 minutes after you eat it and it starts expanding in your stomach. Don’t think Alfredo sauce has got a great HTHS though.

Yes, to the 😆 laughter of others.
I like most oil but there are a few that just make my engines noisier(more audible).
[Mr Luke]: I had that problem with Havoline oil before.

Same here. When in fact, Havoline was once a go-to oil for me and never an issue. But recently to my surprise with the last stash, my engines were noisy(er). Today, my go-to oils are, anything on sale/closeout/rebate or ST FS and QSUD.

Thought I did when first putting QS in the sump but it was just something that lasted a few drives or so. I agree, just feelings. But some swear by how the engine sounds with different oils...I'm just not one that can contribute towards that end with any empirical data.

So yeah, QS. 😉

I've mentioned this before...using Amalie 5W30 my 3.5l RAV4 it had a very slight tick for a few seconds on a cold start. Switching to Chevron Supreme 5W30 stopped it entirely even if the car sits for two weeks. So yeah, it "feels" better.

My car 'feels' better when I've spent a day detailing it. Therefore, I generally conclude any differences I feel from additives or lubricants are generally utter nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back