Name the engine?

Ford 4 cammer Indy
Never heard it called "4 cammer" though I suspect there are more than a few different names I haven't heard, lol. Indy, Indy V8, Indy Cammer, DOHC Indy, those are ones I know.

Got a few pics of various iterations of it 😁
6b2d87634243a75c856862add756c163.jpg

64-indy.jpg

256-indy-ford-2.jpg

3971008339_7613e2aa79.jpg

Never heard it called "4 cammer" though I suspect there are more than a few different names I haven't heard, lol. Indy, Indy V8, Indy Cammer, DOHC Indy, those are ones I know.

Got a few pics of various iterations of it 😁
View attachment 226130
View attachment 226131
View attachment 226132
View attachment 226133
Nice, this is a wild looking install …

I am surprised someone threw in the idea of hi-po engines associated with Oldsmobile. I thought for sure Olds brand was just another one lost to most of folks memories , lost in pages of history like so many..... :) other long gone horsepower makers.
So, anyone who is not just an oil geek here like many of us will probably enjoy this subject I wanted to toss out to others who like not just oil but the machines they support like this one" Do a search for the Oldsmobile 455 Exp (W-43) 32 valve V8 engine. Here is one spot I found some good info about it: https://www.hagerty.com/media/autom...-43-v-8-engine-was-killer-32-valve-prototype/ It was a very impressive / stout / engine with bullet proof looking internals that were used to push out what for the times was an impressive 440hp. (makers always underestimated the hp ratings) The carbs and exhausts were said to be the choke points that stopped even more hp from reaching the pavement.

I am surprised someone threw in the idea of hi-po engines associated with Oldsmobile. I thought for sure Olds brand was just another one lost to most of folks memories , lost in pages of history like so many..... :) other long gone horsepower makers.
So, anyone who is not just an oil geek here like many of us will probably enjoy this subject I wanted to toss out to others who like not just oil but the machines they support like this one" Do a search for the Oldsmobile 455 Exp (W-43) 32 valve V8 engine. Here is one spot I found some good info about it: https://www.hagerty.com/media/autom...-43-v-8-engine-was-killer-32-valve-prototype/ It was a very impressive / stout / engine with bullet proof looking internals that were used to push out what for the times was an impressive 440hp. (makers always underestimated the hp ratings) The carbs and exhausts were said to be the choke points that stopped even more hp from reaching the pavement.
Back in the day Olds, Buick, Pontiac, Chevrolet all made unique to the Marque engines. Then everything became consolidated. Great times that will never be replicated. My brother in law is into Buick GS's. In my opinion the quickest of the muscle cars of the era. I'm a Mopar guy and it hurts me to admit this truth.

Back in the day Olds, Buick, Pontiac, Chevrolet all made unique to the Marque engines. Then everything became consolidated. Great times that will never be replicated. My brother in law is into Buick GS's. In my opinion the quickest of the muscle cars of the era. I'm a Mopar guy and it hurts me to admit this truth.
Oh yes. The Mopar vs Buick wars have been being waged across drag strips for many years now. The Buick GSXs or Stage1 and Stage2 that are super rare are the main GM challenger to the Mopar monsters.... Some days Buick wins and sometimes Mopar does. They can both lay down a bunch of rubber! LOL.... I like both brands. I am greedy I guess. I actually love them all from the muscle car era from about 1965 thru 1972. If I had lots of money I would have to own an airplane hangar to house all the toys I would like to own.
I actually know a guy a bit younger than me who inherited tons of money from both his father and mother's families at a young age. He does in fact live on a private road he built after purchase of a big chunk of land and he had a giant metal building that houses all of the muscle / classic cars he keeps accumulating. He buys them, Races them a few times and takes them to car shows and then sells one or two and then does it all over again. He does keep several he will not part with too.

I noticed in the story link I posted there is a "click here" in the first paragraph that tells the interesting story of twin brothers who worked together to restore that 50 years abandoned experimental Olds engine. https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/...lorious-w-43-olds-v-8-prototype-for-autorama/
Those brothers are not only college graduates in aeronautics , architecture and engineering , they ended up retired from those fields and are in businesses together in the automotive , parts and restoration industry these days. One of them started an automotive parts supply company that has grown from his two car garage to a four building facility that employs over 50 people and ships thousands of packages weekly.

Back