Mystik 10W-30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a good oil? It intrests me because it is a diesel rated 10W-30 oil and where I live it's available for under $1.50 a quart. Would it be okay to use in my 88 Bronco II with a little 2.9L V6? Does anyone have any expericance or opinions on this oil?

I use Mystik JT-8 15w-40 in ny 1976 Buick. This is by far the best oil I have used so far. Motor run very smooth with it and no decrease in mileage. Have not used the 10w-30. I wish I knew where to find Mystik products in Kansas. I would bet a manual for your Bronco would say that 10w-30 would be fine to run in it.

I have Tractor Supply and Orshelins around me but, all they carry is Mystik in 15w-40 and 15w-50. No 5w-30, 10w-30, or 10w-40. I did find Citgo but they carry no 20w-50.

Almost all I use is the Mystik JT-8 15W-40 available for me at Farm and Fleet for cheap. It's a great oil, and yes it does run quieter and I use it in my lawn tractor my motorcycles my cars you name it.

If it were edible I'd probably put it on ice cream too.

Hey next to Schaeffers,Mystik is a really good,though mineral oil,,,have seen some truck people rack up the miles on this stuff,,,,Mobil is not the ONLY million mile oil.......BL

I would encourage anyone using Mystik of any viscosity to send in a VOA sample for analysis.

Most of these oils are using SL levels of AW additives with not much else, according to sampling I did for some local farmers.

My local Fleet-Farm sells Resolute 10W-30 CI-4 rated oil - but on the back of the jug it says supplied by Citgo. It may be similar to Mystik?

quote:

Originally posted by pmt:
My local Fleet-Farm sells Resolute 10W-30 CI-4 rated oil - but on the back of the jug it says supplied by Citgo. It may be similar to Mystik?

It (Resolute) is probably similar to Citgo, Mystik is still producing their own same formulation in the same plant even though now owned by Citgo. That is the product is still distinct from other Citgo products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back