My town's 9/11 memorial

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
Our small town of Prescott Valley Az has an amazing, emotional 9/11 memorial. There is an American flag for every person killed that day and every victim has a bio card with a photo. First responders and LEOs are distinguished by the boots. Children's flags have a teddy bear. There are 2 large fields of flags, there's nowhere to get a photo that shows them all. I freely admit to standing in the middle of one of the fields near a teddy bear with tears in my eyes and anger in my heart. We should never forget and we should remember there are still evil people out there who would do it again without hesitation.

This is 1/2 of the flags.
1.jpg

Perfectly lined up in any direction like the markers in Arlington.
2.jpg

First responder's boots.
3.jpg

2 sisters ages 4 and 8 and their parents were on one of the airliners.
4.jpg

Just a random guy who ran toward the danger to help people.
5.jpg

So many flags.
6.jpg

I played in a father/son tennis tournament against a friend and his son the Sunday before 9/11. He was a good player and a great guy, we lost. He worked at Cantor-Fitzgerald and two days later perished in the first plane attack. The jet hit the tower at the Cantor-Fitzgerald floors. His body was never found. His senseless death left behind a wife and two young sons. I’ll never forget what happened or who was responsible for it.

Back