My Small Stash

not a stash.. until its at least 2 years supply. my stash.. its changed slightly but still almost the same size. note the 3 sets of winter tires its resting on... :P

Last edited:
Its not a stash until you have to actually hide it from the wife so she thinks you only have 50-75% of what you really have. I am also an oil mixer. I don't buy quart bottles unless it's a sale that beats a walmart walk-in everyday price.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: getnpsi
Its not a stash until you have to actually hide it from the wife so she thinks you only have 50-75% of what you really have.
So true! My stash = 45 liters of Pentospeed 0w-30 VS (for BMW and MB) 24 quarts of German Castrol 0w-30 (for BMW and MB) 12 quarts of Pennzoil Ultra 5w-30 (for Buick) 27 quarts of Castrol Edge with SPT 0w-20 (for Honda) 12 quarts of Redline D4ATF (for Buick and Honda auto trans) 6 liters of Fuchs Titan GT1 80w-90 diff oil (for BMW and MB diffs) 4 liters Pentosin MTF-2 transmission oil (for BMW manual trans) 4 liters Pentosin Super Dot 4 brake fluid (for all) 10 Mobil 1 and Bosch oils filters (for Buick) 8 Hengst oil filters (for BMW) 6 Hengst oil filters (for MB) 1 Honda Filtech oil filter (for Honda) Scott

KevGuy

Its not a stash until you have to actually hide it from the wife so she thinks you only have 50-75% of what you really have. I am also an oil mixer. I don't buy quart bottles unless it's a sale that beats a walmart walk-in everyday price.
What bugs me about my Ford is that it takes about 5.4L of oil to fill the crankcase. So, when a 5L jug goes on sale, I have to buy the quart along with it too that is usually not on sale. That really boils my urine.

Its not a stash until you have to actually hide it from the wife so she thinks you only have 50-75% of what you really have.
^^Haha right on!

Originally Posted By: KevGuy
What bugs me about my Ford is that it takes about 5.4L of oil to fill the crankcase. So, when a 5L jug goes on sale, I have to buy the quart along with it too that is usually not on sale. That really boils my urine.
That why I will buy two 5 quart jugs for the Suburban that takes 6 quarts. Then I will just take from that second jug for each extra quart I need at an oil change.

KevGuy

Originally Posted By: RoGuE
That why I will buy two 5 quart jugs for the Suburban that takes 6 quarts. Then I will just take from that second jug for each extra quart I need at an oil change.
So, what ends up happening to me is I buy the 5L jug on sale and the quart at regular price. That quart for regular price will do me for 2 oil changes....half quart in each time from the 1 quart bottle.

Originally Posted By: RoGuE
So, what ends up happening to me is I buy the 5L jug on sale and the quart at regular price. That quart for regular price will do me for 2 oil changes....half quart in each time from the 1 quart bottle.
What I usually do is get one of the auto store 5QT and filter deals and just the the 1qt bottles. Then go to walmart and get the 5qt jugs of the oil. Makes oil changes a lot easier and still getting a good deal.

It's a stash when you can't hide it from your wife. At one point, I had over 600 qts. The Delo SAE30 closeout in '05 was good to me. I have two jugs left.

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
It's a stash when you can't hide it from your wife.
^^Haha that`s even better! I`ll never forget the look on my gf`s face when she opened up the freezer and saw my jug of M1 15W50 and quart of RP 20W50 in there (I was off from work that day and was doing a *cold weather test*,haha!

Bahahaha!! I used to do that but now it's all out on the table. She supports what I do as long as I don't go crazy with it... 67 quarts and 28 filters...

It's a stash when you can't hide it from your wife. At one point, I had over 600 qts. The Delo SAE30 closeout in '05 was good to me. I have two jugs left.
I can't imagine that much motor oil sitting around...our garage's shelf space is already 70% used up with oil and additives... gladiator

Originally Posted By: zerosoma
I can't imagine that much motor oil sitting around...our garage's shelf space is already 70% used up with oil and additives... gladiator
That's where your problem is right there. Who needs additives if you're using quality oil??? I don't get it. crzy

Originally Posted By: Artem
Originally Posted By: zerosoma
That's where your problem is right there. Who needs additives if you're using quality oil??? I don't get it. crzy
SHould have specified. Gasoline additive like Techron.

Hey guys, first post here but I thought it was a good opportunity to introduce myself and show off my stash as well, haha. Might as well since it all started several years ago when I started reading here. Small T5 Rotella and Castrol stash: Dusty old stash of BMW/MINI synthetic and some M1 10w30: And the goods: Chevron DELO 5w40 synthetic, M1 0w40, and some T6 hiding back there as well as a DELO 15w40, more T6 and M1 0w40 in the crate I also have a stash of ENEOS 5w40 Full Synthetic at work For any NorCal people wondering, I found the DELO 5w40 synthetic jugs at Wally World in Livermore right off the 580fwy. I bought out their supply two weeks in a row and now they stock like 20 of them haha! IIRC its $19.36 per gallon jug. I'm running it in both my BMW 3 series cars, M50 and S52 powered, and they seem to like it. Thanks for casting this disease upon me BITOG. Jeff