My roadside food pictures.

Demerits for the fuzzy vest. 1996 called and they want their clothing back.

+1 for the excellent insulin response
That vest does make me look sheepish! What can I say? It was cold and I needed something over the short-sleeve t-shirt.

IMG_3691.jpeg

I finally remembered to take a pic before tearing into it. This was a country fried steak and two over easy eggs with a side of grits. I enjoyed it so much I had it again for dinner further down the road.

The Black Bear Diner did me finally in when I had the Bigfoot CFS for breakfast, lunch, and dinner the same day. I'll never again do that! I came close to a repeat offense at Elmer's but it wasn't the CFS.

NYE, y’all got to be from the South, no way you’re from NYNY…. ;)
I was born and raised on Long Island. My wife is from Tampa. She always says if she didn’t know me she’d swear I was raised in the south.
Our first date was dinner at an awesome cajun place on LI.
We’re currently in Florida and I just had boiled peanuts.

I was born and raised on Long Island. My wife is from Tampa. She always says if she didn’t know me she’d swear I was raised in the south.
I was born in California. My wife was raised in Virginia. She always says if she didn’t know me she’d swear I was raised in the south.

I love all the foods from the south, eat collards at least twice a week. Heck I grow collard greens. Shrimp and grits for breakfast.

I thank those of you who have posted pictures. It's probably the unfortunate thread title that keeps people from contributing. Unfortunately, I can't edit the title and I sure as Mel* won't irritate a moderator by asking for help.

*Gibson

I thank those of you who have posted pictures. It's probably the unfortunate thread title that keeps people from contributing. Unfortunately, I can't edit the title and I sure as Mel* won't irritate a moderator by asking for help.

*Gibson
I never go anywhere. Lacking roadside food pics.

Might pick up some vittles Hilo side though while driving. Hang in there.

What are you going to do with your millions? 😜

Cukes, radishes, and boiled chicken are all you get.
Hamburger on the list. Not sure where.

Loco Moco Loco - I have some ideas

Saimin and other taste treats.

Gonna have to hit Zippy's to relive all our kid's memories. They loved that place.

But some days just fish and fruit

We came across a place on the trip home called Buc-ee's. Never seen one before. Had to be sixty gas pumps outside. When we walked in, we were slack jawed. Place was like 75,000 sq ft. The food was insane. Had to be fifty different varieties of beef jerky. The coffee was great, we bought two frozen whole chickens stuffed with andouille sausage and crawfish tails to take home and a brisket breakfast burrito which was outstanding. Got some other stuff too but that was the highlight for me.
IMG_3707.jpeg

We came across a place on the trip home called Buc-ee's. Never seen one before. Had to be sixty gas pumps outside. When we walked in, we were slack jawed. Place was like 75,000 sq ft. The food was insane. Had to be fifty different varieties of beef jerky. The coffee was great, we bought two frozen whole chickens stuffed with andouille sausage and crawfish tails to take home and a brisket breakfast burrito which was outstanding. Got some other stuff too but that was the highlight for me.View attachment 203132
The Bever Palace?

Back