My roadside food pictures.

@Pablo, the Yeti Restaurant is of Tibetan, Nepalese, and Himalayan persuasion. Tibetan food is part of Chinese food. Momo is Nepalese food. Nepal is of course situated between China and India. Indian food along with Pakistani food counts as Himalayan food. I tend to order mostly Indian food among this plethora of options.
We enjoy momos (and the incredible hot sauce that comes with them) from a nearby Himalayan restaurant. The proprietors are from Bhutan.

Thursday is pizza day. Pizza and a porter. it was between Full Sail or the porter and the porter won. Please excuse my sloppy attire. This was half an hour after I had gone for a dip in Tomales Bay.

Last edited:
I thought what AM eat? Since there was not Chinese takeout in sight we went with Lou's famous fried chicken and strawberry shortcake made with biscuits instead of with shortcake. I really like shortbread best for a tart but I digress. Feast your eyes on me eating junk!

That much food would last me a week! LOL

We continue the path to becoming massive. Mixed berry pie with gelato and passion fruit mousse cake.

Followed this treat up with Chubb's deep-fried chicken sandwich with coleslaw and mac and cheese. Unbelievable gainz from PEF (Performsnce-Enhancing Foods)! 💪

And yes, I'm sitting there in my underwear - classy as always! My excuse was the water was cold.

Last edited:
We slide down the slippery slope of fast food. I had Nick The Greek's food today. And then I ate a whole cheesecake by myself but it was a little one. They didn't give me a paper plate so I had to use a piece of cardboard like a regular hobo.

Chicken souvlaki, a salad, and felafel.

The cheesecake was bought at the Marin French Cheese Company but I don't think they made it.

Last edited:
I had a sandwich at Gherkins. It used to cost $11 a few years ago, now it's $18. In the evening, after driving topless in rather nippy conditions, I had chicken chili.

Last edited:
I was lazy and had 500 ml low-sodium V8 with a heaping tablespoon of each wheat germ and chia seeds stirred in. I also had Pablo's favorite, natto. I stirred it extra well to bring out the sliminess and umami. It's a vitamin K bomb. Almost forgot I also ate a grilled chicken breast. Cheers!

EDIT: This should have gone into the 'What are you eating right now?' thread. Eh, who cares?

Last edited:
My frenemy Klaus always says to eat schnitzel when in doubt about the menu at German/Austrian/Swiss eateries. I had the pork schnitzel at Brot in Guerneville. But first I had an appetizer, pretzel bites with a mixed cheese spread.

Schnitzel

And because it's metabolically better to eat all the bad stuff all at once rather than spread it out over several meals in a row, almond cake with strawberries and whipped cream.

After eating all this and with the help of beer, I can now enunciate Oachkatzlschwoaf.

Last edited:
Back