My oil collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Val-vo-line....Val-vo-line...
It's not an oil you should store with The Green
So the Elves won't burst a spleen...no Val-vo-line
NO Valvoline
wink.gif

Hey, there is a good 8 inches between any of the green and any Valvoline. Notice it is sitting next to 0w-30 Mobil 1?
Top shelf is all 10w-30 MaxLife or DuraBlend (OK, 2 All Climate's are in there also).
Middle is all 0w-30 Syn, with the Havoline being the only 10w-30 exception.

And you can't say much, at least mine is organized (The older M02 is on the right, up to some M0507 on the left behind the single M1.), unlike some people I know....

quote:

Originally posted by blupupher:
Hey, there is a good 8 inches between any of the green and any Valvoline. Notice it is sitting next to 0w-30 Mobil 1?
Top shelf is all 10w-30 MaxLife or DuraBlend (OK, 2 All Climate's are in there also).
Middle is all 0w-30 Syn, with the Havoline being the only 10w-30 exception.

And you can't say much, at least mine is organized (The older M02 is on the right, up to some M0507 on the left behind the single M1.), unlike some people I know....

I'll have you know Mr Blupupher Wiseguy
wink.gif
, I spent a very warm evening in the basement listening to Wolfman Jack Graffiti and beautifully organizing and neatening up my stash...it is now worthy of a place in the Louvre...so there!

quote:

Originally posted by T-Keith:
My humble stash:
 -

Not pictured, two cases of Chevron DEXRON IIIH ATF.

-T

But T-Man, your Chevron outnumbers your GC...this must not be allowed to remain so! (At least promise you won't allow the bottles to touch...PROMISE!)

I found a very old extra GC bottle that I had (from the blind days..hehe) has moved over to the new Zauberhaft Motorcraft bottles, and it was trying to snuggle with them
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

(They jumped apart before I could take a pic
mad.gif
)

Yeah RIGHT!
rolleyes.gif

(It's a good thing I am pleasantly disposed to people from Buies Creek...at least you are sehr weise and drive a descendent of the Magnificient GT-40 Mk IV that won at Le Mans in 1967!)

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
But T-Man, your Chevron outnumbers your GC...this must not be allowed to remain so! (At least promise you won't allow the bottles to touch...PROMISE!) [/QB]

And all that Chevron was still cheaper then the 5 quarts of GC.
wink.gif

I did stop at AutoZone today and the GC was an 0502 batch.
shocked.gif
Guess I'll have to go back and dig.

Just took a pic of my collection:

-

My wife bought me the plastic shed so I could stack the bottles neatly and not trip over them in the garage. The 1L container on the top shelf is my secret MolyBoost additive (Torco MPZ and Mugen MT105); I add a couple mLs of it to the M1 I use in the Honda. I treat my wife's Intrigue with the GC. I just inherited my Mom's '83 Porsche 928S (under A-Rx therapy at the moment) and it'll get GC when it's done with the A-Rx cleaning and rinse.

Blokey...very nice...very nice indeed! GC and a Porsche 928S...so beautiful it kinda makes me emotional!
cheers.gif

Here is most of my stash...

-

And

-

Not in photos is 2 cases of Mobil 5000 5w-20, 2 Cases of Castrol GTX 5w-20 and 3 cases of QS 5w-30.

Oh, and 2 5qt jugs of Mobil 1 5w-30.

I've got enough for a short time...
gr_eek2.gif

Most of it was bought well below $1 a quart. In fact, .69 cents or below...

(I'll save the money I'm saving on oil for the early rebuilds... )
rolleyes.gif

lol.gif

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

quote:

Originally posted by simple_gifts:
I can identify Bill's car by the Purolator oil filter part #; I have to get out more.

-T

Okay, I'll come clean..

It's my wifes Yugo!
grin.gif
J/K

Also, The cardboard box on it's side is a case of A/C Delco PF-59. So 12 there... That fits both my truck and my Moms truck.

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

PS: I bought the Purolators at a Saturday only sale unadvertised one at PepBoys... $1.99 each max of 12. Figured since that was below my $2.07 Supertech, How could I pass that up?
dunno.gif

Oh that I could be so neat...while I have improved the appearance of my stash greatly since the last photos I posted, yours is a work of art.

Bill,

That's quite the stash you've got there, but I'm just not sure you have enough. You know there's a motor oil shortage coming, right? I'd say you better hit the stores again, & this time REALLY stock up.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
Oh that I could be so neat...while I have improved the appearance of my stash greatly since the last photos I posted, yours is a work of art.

Wow, coming from the Elfe Meister himself..

I am honored...
bowdown.gif

Thanks! Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:
Bill,

That's quite the stash you've got there, but I'm just not sure you have enough. You know there's a motor oil shortage coming, right? I'd say you better hit the stores again, & this time REALLY stock up.
wink.gif

You know what day it is... Saturday night..

I get up early to get ready for work.. Go out and get the Sunday paper and RIP into it for the comic page.

To read comics? HA! Silly... No to read the Checkers ad and see what great deals there will be this month! You can get 2 cases nomally per sale item if there is a rebate... (don't ask how I know... ) (I guess you can look at my stash and figure it out...)
grin.gif

Then plan for the week... Decide if I really need more oil?
dunno.gif

First I'll have to get another rack!
shocked.gif
(but then I'll need to fill it up with more on sale oil... I mean.. At .49 cents a quart.. How can you NOT buy it???
gr_eek2.gif
)

(But honey, I have empty space on my oil racks... and it's only $5.88 for a case.. Some folks pay MORE than that for a single quart!
wink.gif
)

Works everytime...

You are correct! More oil please!
fruit.gif

quote:

Impressive......... Most Impressive.....

Thanks!

I even use the leaf blower on it twice a month to keep the dust off!

(Ok, I just proved to everyone that I am in need for some SERIOUS help...)

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back