Dedicated license plate thread.

Blake: I vote for the birds on license plate for your Camry vehicle šŸ˜šŸ˜
Thanks Adam. I love that plate. That was actually one of Virginias first special design plates. I want to get it eventually. I think Iā€™m going to start with the Washington Nationals plates first as they are pretty rare and itā€™s baseball season wish there were more baseball plates here like the Orioles or something. I will probably get these in a year or two though. Dad will be going tomorrow to register my car. I actually found out on CARFAX that itā€™s from Monroeville Pennsylvania and was purchased new at Spitzer Toyota there and traded in sometime in 2005. It came to Virginia in 2005 after selling.

IMG_3618.jpeg
IMG_3619.jpeg

The plates have arrived for my 1994 Camry. Only baseball related thing that Virginia has. These started at 1001NT meaning I got the 4,908 standard numbers set lol. The red stickers will probably fade before 2026 Virginia red stickers have a problem haha. These are generally slow sellers except during baseball season. They have only sold two sets since mine on Thursday according to the website. Wish mine would have been 4947NT as thatā€™s my employee number at work 4947 lol. Honestly Iā€™ll probably change these out before 2026 if I decide to keep the car. I just wanted to get them for that long because the red sticker looks good on the plates haha.

IMG_3672.jpeg

Little rough set here. Came off my Mercury Mariner that I sold Friday. Guy is supposed to come get it soon. I was given it from my sister and BIL and gave it to someone who has time for it. Engine was knocking pretty loud when parked. He is going to engine swap it. BIL ran it low on oil. These were his plates i would never been seen in a car with an imperfect license plate lol. He never renewed them in September of 22. He always manages to tear up the front plate. If it was mine Iā€™d have to order new ones right away haha. I didnā€™t need the Mercury setting around so I went ahead and parted with one of my yard ornaments.

IMG_3958.jpeg
IMG_3959.jpeg
IMG_3960.jpeg
IMG_3961.jpeg
IMG_3962.jpeg
IMG_3963.jpeg
IMG_3964.jpeg

A few more arrived Saturday. Just been so busy havenā€™t gotten to post. I also have more to post as well. Definitely like the Maryland Treasure the Chesapeake ones. I have a sample one of those that the Maryland DMV sent me back in 2018 but itā€™s nice to have a pair finally. Iā€™ve always had a thing for Virginia plates too thatā€™s why I try and get so many lol. Not many of the red letter North Carolina plates left in the wild either so those are always a nice find. I think Iā€™ve got 6 or 8 of those now.

IMG_3977.jpeg
IMG_3978.jpeg
IMG_3979.jpeg
IMG_3980.jpeg

More. Just Virginia here. Last pair RZY-502 is an old rental set. My first rental set of Virginia plates. Looking for modern ones too. Hard to find pairs of them.

IMG_4822.jpeg
IMG_4823.jpeg

New arrivals from my coworker Nick off his fiancƩs Civic. When she transferred it to her name from her moms she had to change the plates. She was going to throw them out but my coworker Nick saved them from the trash. She drove around with them expired for 7 months lol.

IMG_5846.jpeg
Latest addition. My coworker Nick also had these. He totaled his Chevy Spark a few years ago hitting a deer. Thatā€™s why one of them is bent up.

Back