Dedicated license plate thread.

View attachment 140380View attachment 140381View attachment 140387View attachment 140382View attachment 140383View attachment 140384
View attachment 140385Finally got some more hung up. Haven’t been able to find any S hooks hardly so I used nails again haha. Most of these were member plates here. I’m trying to get everyone hung up so if I haven’t gotten to yours yet don’t worry it’s coming. The Arkansas plate was first to go up tonight that one is from @HemiBenny. I like Arkansas plates as I have a lot of family from there. Still have a lot more from him to hang up. Second one up was one from @Nick1994 the Arizona and Hawaii plate a few of the many he sent me. Then a Pennsylvania Truck plate from @53' Stude . Massachusetts Antique Plate from @wings&wheels . And the Mississippi plate I’ve had for awhile looking back in messages here I believe that one is from @Delta . The Washington plate is an addition from @Pablo . Guys I truly appreciate all the plates I’ve gotten from everybody. Makes me really happy when I walk in my room and see all of them either hanging up or sitting there. The Choose Life ones are from eBay and Facebook. The yellow antique Virginia plates are from Facebook I have both just hung one up for now. Hung one of moms Bluebird plates up to which she just retired for the Kids First plates. Plan to hang a lot more up so stay tuned. Also have more coming in the mail hopefully in the next week or so. Mostly Virginia as I have a soft spot for Virginia plates lol. My walls are looking great so far. Can’t wait till I’ve got one up from every state. I have all 50 states and DC.
Reppin' the Genesis plate :cool:

F6A8BCB0-F5F2-444A-B3F0-3ADDD43ADDFE.jpeg

Score off a customer car today. She needed her new Texas plates installed as her family moved. The screws were rusted and they wallowed out when she tried to take them off so she brought it in. I asked I said hey uh I collect license plates so I was wondering if you needed this one back or could I have it. She said it would be awesome if you can take it off my hands cause it’s just going to go in the trash if you leave it with me. I said awesome you need any money for it she said no and thank you for getting those screws out me and my dad both tried and couldn’t she said. And so I thanked her again. Super nice lady. So another score for the collection.

View attachment 140570
Score off a customer car today. She needed her new Texas plates installed as her family moved. The screws were rusted and they wallowed out when she tried to take them off so she brought it in. I asked I said hey uh I collect license plates so I was wondering if you needed this one back or could I have it. She said it would be awesome if you can take it off my hands cause it’s just going to go in the trash if you leave it with me. I said awesome you need any money for it she said no and thank you for getting those screws out me and my dad both tried and couldn’t she said. And so I thanked her again. Super nice lady. So another score for the collection.
Nice plate. What’s in the Toyota box under it? 😛😛

A2ADE9F7-9A34-44B0-89ED-3C52A5CB2F5C.jpeg
5ECCCC35-13C3-4EE3-9346-7DA7F73E39CA.jpeg
A40AE45E-582E-45F3-BDFC-65F7F2147BE6.jpeg
98278D11-BB5D-4909-9612-BC3E712086E7.jpeg
1852DB9E-6936-4777-B6D8-4537330A112E.jpeg
BCC36588-7E60-4D48-9F07-94281B8A09FB.jpeg
2373E58F-184C-487A-9E46-E088805E9CA7.jpeg
F8DFA87E-BF57-4701-9A7B-4208FE8F1B58.jpeg

I got some new plates in the mail today. One mistake pair but I’m not upset with the seller and I’ve reached out hoping they will make it right. First up two South Carolina plates. The one on the top belonged on a Hertz Rental Car. It has a sticker on the back indicating it was their plate. The top is just a regular issue one to a citizen. Next Louisiana Sportsman’s Paradise. Probably one of the best standard issue plates out there as far as colorful and design goes. I only had one Louisiana plate and wanted another one to add. They are a one plate state like SC so no pairs. Delaware riveted plate. Just an older style of their current plate. Only had one Delaware plate and wanted another one to go with it. They are also a one plate state. This is the first Delaware plate I’ve seen that was embossed and not flat. Then a pair of Virginia plates VMH-3219 that belonged to an Uber or Lyft driver as the year sticker color indicates it would have been used as one of those. Those stickers have since been discontinued and just you have to have a sign in the window indicating it. Just more standard pairs after that. UZP-1113 pair. UPV-2270 pair. Then there is the mistake pair. The VMP-4748 was not what I wanted I asked for a different set completely different series too. Like I said I’m not upset about it as I’d never be mad at someone for a mistake but I’m a little disappointed cause I didn’t want this pair it’s not in great shape and the stickers don’t match which is going to drive me crazy. I buy these from an individual I’ve bought from her a lot never had a problem so I’m hoping she will be able to send me the other pair the pair I asked for was XWU-1182. I just hope i can get them still I want another X series set for my collection. Also still looking for a current T series set if anyone has one they’d sell me. As always I’m always looking to add to my collection so if anyone has any plates they don’t want just let me know. I especially like Virginia plates in case you can’t tell lol since that’s my home state I just have always liked having lots of them in my collection.

6F809DE5-0B30-4401-AE90-0A84076E91A8.jpeg
5D76875A-C431-4B91-83B2-55846C81BE5D.jpeg
0C68104C-60B0-425F-A43E-6E3A431710F9.jpeg

Hung up a few more tonight. The Alabama plate is one that @01rangerxl sent to me a few months back. The JCS HBS I got as a pair on eBay just have one hung up for right now. That’s one of my favorite Virginia plate designs hands down. Love the cardinal. The other one below it was already hung up. Then I hung up another plate from @Nick1994. It was on his ATV. I am glad he passed that one on to me. I think it was hard for him to get rid of that one. And hung up my plate with my ALPCA number on it that I had the Virginia DMV make me. The motorcycle antique plate looks nice with my number on it.

View attachment 140710View attachment 140711View attachment 140713View attachment 140714View attachment 140715View attachment 140716View attachment 140717View attachment 140718
I got some new plates in the mail today. One mistake pair but I’m not upset with the seller and I’ve reached out hoping they will make it right. First up two South Carolina plates. The one on the top belonged on a Hertz Rental Car. It has a sticker on the back indicating it was their plate. The top is just a regular issue one to a citizen. Next Louisiana Sportsman’s Paradise. Probably one of the best standard issue plates out there as far as colorful and design goes. I only had one Louisiana plate and wanted another one to add. They are a one plate state like SC so no pairs. Delaware riveted plate. Just an older style of their current plate. Only had one Delaware plate and wanted another one to go with it. They are also a one plate state. This is the first Delaware plate I’ve seen that was embossed and not flat. Then a pair of Virginia plates VMH-3219 that belonged to an Uber or Lyft driver as the year sticker color indicates it would have been used as one of those. Those stickers have since been discontinued and just you have to have a sign in the window indicating it. Just more standard pairs after that. UZP-1113 pair. UPV-2270 pair. Then there is the mistake pair. The VMP-4748 was not what I wanted I asked for a different set completely different series too. Like I said I’m not upset about it as I’d never be mad at someone for a mistake but I’m a little disappointed cause I didn’t want this pair it’s not in great shape and the stickers don’t match which is going to drive me crazy. I buy these from an individual I’ve bought from her a lot never had a problem so I’m hoping she will be able to send me the other pair the pair I asked for was XWU-1182. I just hope i can get them still I want another X series set for my collection. Also still looking for a current T series set if anyone has one they’d sell me. As always I’m always looking to add to my collection so if anyone has any plates they don’t want just let me know. I especially like Virginia plates in case you can’t tell lol since that’s my home state I just have always liked having lots of them in my collection.
What’s the logic of getting all these common, modern plates? One or two more famous ones I’d get. And ones that you have from your or your family, OK. In other words, what’s your collecting objective?

Are you going to wallpaper your walls with plates?

What’s the logic of getting all these common, modern plates? One or two more famous ones I’d get. And ones that you have from your or your family, OK. In other words, what’s your collecting objective?

Are you going to wallpaper your walls with plates?
I collect any and all plates. Common ones seem to be more fun for me cause of the designs whereas old ones are cool because of the way they look. The oldest in my collection I believe is 1934. The objective is just a fun hobby and good for a car guy like me. Saves plates from being destroyed. I’ve talked a few out of them who would normally turn them in. Every collector has their specialty it seems mine is modern and a main focus on Virginia but will do plates from anywhere and everywhere and now I have all 50 states, DC and some Canada. Old plates are definitely on my list too when I get some more money and after I get another car, another phone and some more tools paid off. I’ll but any and all plates still though. Right now I’m getting more motorcycle plates and still some cool special ones and regular ones thrown in here and there. Just for fun. I honestly never thought I’d have this many plates but I’m glad I do. It’s just a fun hobby for me. It helps me get to know people too cause I’m not one to socialize.

And yes to the wallpaper 😁. I’m trying to get some from all 50 states hung up. Once I own my own house with a garage they will all be transferred there.

83F50364-DB6D-463D-9DDE-507F4A718340.jpeg
B3607673-ED18-40D2-83D5-07A8FBC3C5D2.jpeg
F9762918-A72A-4CDE-9431-169F1481A957.jpeg

Got a few more up tonight on each wall. Went to Walmart and bought more S hooks. Need to get to the hardware store and see if they have them in bulk. First plate up tonight was the Maryland plate. It’s a pair the mate to it is in my box of plates. Then a Michigan plate. Single plate someone gave me from my other forum which I’m fine with since it was free. That’s probably been three years ago since they gave it to me so I was overdue to hang it up. Same with the Illinois plate which was from the same person. I like the Illinois plate because of it having Abraham Lincoln on it. Next up tonight was one of my Louisiana plates. I got it at the flea market last year. Pretty cool it’s the Louisiana Purchase plate. Natural sticker too which is a plus. And following that Texas 1970 plate that another member on that other forum sent to me with a bunch of plates. Trying to get a plate from every state on display. I’m slowly getting there. The Maryland pair I got with a bunch of other plates from one collector that I know in Virginia I buy plates from him pretty much on a monthly basis. Tomorrow I’m going to put together a list of all the states hanging up so far as I have a hard time thinking about the states I need to hand while going with.

Back