My neighbor bought a new car.

I'm getting to the point of asking myself why not instead of leaving that much more to my kids......
My kids will get everything and be set up for life . I am way past buying things . I have owned cars p/u trucks a semi, two tractors , hay cutting equipment, motor cycles boats ,had a couple of really awesome horses and dogs over the years , dogs are the one thing that for me is nice to have, things don't get me excited like they used to. Been there done that so to say.

Last edited:
walter-4.png

My kids will get everything and be set up for life . I am way past buying things . I have owned cars p/u trucks a semi, two tractors , hay cutting equipment, motor cycles boats ,had a couple of really awesome horses and dogs over the years , dogs are the one thing that for me is nice to have, things don't get me excited like they used to. Been there done that so to say.
I know the other side of life because I am alcoholic and had destroyed my mind, body and spirit by my mid 20's.
My Mom told me it is better to help people when they need it, if I wait until I die it may be too late for them.
So if a car, computer, education or whatever tool helps family and friends, that's what I do.
I do not believe in setting someone up for life as I believe that cheats them of the joy of work and doing life.

I have been given plenty of opportunities for happiness. Seeing people progress in their lives is the best.
Just my 2 cents.

Public service message: purchases of things they don't need and can't use could be a sign of the onset of dementia. Maybe family members need to be concerned. Usually paying money to scam artists goes with the unnecessary purchases. Eventually the elders will be broke and then others will have to care for them or at least pay their bills.
My grandma just "gave away" money to people she knows but isn't related to. Many old people got scammed because of that.

It's amazing how so many on this site know all about their neighbors cars. I have absolutely no idea what problems my neighbors have with their cars, if they get a new one I'll notice but otherwise I don't ask and I don't care.
One of my neighbor had a Ferarri, a 911, 2 Tesla, a classic Porsche of some kind. He sold off the classic Porsche and bought an i8. I don't really care what he spends his money on, I'm still driving my 270k miles beater.

One of my neighbor had a Ferarri, a 911, 2 Tesla, a classic Porsche of some kind. He sold off the classic Porsche and bought an i8. I don't really care what he spends his money on, I'm still driving my 270k miles beater.

All of my neighbors have nice new cars...I'm driving my mother in law's rusty old Corolla with a gazillion miles 🤣

I don't care.

Crown Vic up next!

I have a friend that had bought new yearly. He paid cash about 20 years ago then traded in for 500.00 and new car. Last I talked with him his new one they stepped up to higher model to get even. Never had a car note and drives around 20k a year.

Back