My local dealer is back to 2019 inventory levels

The sales guy said only Yamaha street bikes are in short supply. Looks like Kawasaki is building the most bikes since all I saw was a sea of green. Now these dealers need to drop the BS they been playing the last two years. I checked out a 2023 Kawasaki KLR 650 S and I can pretty much flat foot it and i’m 5’7. It’ nice to see the manufacturers bringing out bikes for us vertically challenged people.

I know the Honda Monkey's are still in very high demand and fly off the showroom floors.
Had to look it up.

0FA2AB9B-57D9-4B6A-A6E9-F6EF156B489F.jpg

OK. Just slightly confused because the one of the biggest Honda dealers in the Midwest still hardly has anything to sell.

Must be a regional thing.

Reactions: JC1
My only issue with my local Kawasaki dealer is, they don't stock any replacement parts besides oil, filters ,and crush washers. Everything has to be ordered, with no delivery date given. I ordered a handlebar clamp thru them ,it took a month to get, and it was the wrong one. The didn't have any cooling hoses either. This was for a current in production bike. I am not impressed.,,,

My only issue with my local Kawasaki dealer is, they don't stock any replacement parts besides oil, filters ,and crush washers. Everything has to be ordered, with no delivery date given. I ordered a handlebar clamp thru them ,it took a month to get, and it was the wrong one. The didn't have any cooling hoses either. This was for a current in production bike. I am not impressed.,,,
Yes dealer parts are hit and miss, I went to buy a Kawasaki filter for mine but they didn't even have the crushwasher in stock, they sell Kawasaki, Suzuki, & Polaris, I ended up going to another dealer that sells all the japanese bikes and they gave me a Honda one instead but realistically I just need to figure out the size so I can order online to keep them on hand.

I don't understand why people need a motorcycle bad enough to pay a premium for one.

I don't understand why people need a motorcycle bad enough to pay a premium for one.
It’s not a need, it’s a luxury.
We all spend on wants and not needs at times.
Example = why spend up to $5000 for your family to live it up at Disney world for 7 days?
Answer it’s a luxury that one enjoys.

Another example why buy a boat? Far and away much more expensive but it a luxury that someone wants. 😀

Update on my local dealer. They have 3 Yamaha Tenere 700 in stock, 2 Honda Trail 125 in stock and every Kawasaki KLR 650 for $1000 off. The Tenere and Trail were an enigma the last two years and if a dealer got one, they were selling for $3K-$5K over msrp.

The sales guy said only Yamaha street bikes are in short supply. Looks like Kawasaki is building the most bikes since all I saw was a sea of green. Now these dealers need to drop the BS they been playing the last two years. I checked out a 2023 Kawasaki KLR 650 S and I can pretty much flat foot it and i’m 5’7. It’ nice to see the manufacturers bringing out bikes for us vertically challenged people.

Sat on a CRF300L or KLX300? The Honda has saggy suspension...if it's too tall for you...just add bags and gear to get the seat lower to the ground ;)

Back