My friend has a Senior Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALS

A friend of mine called me this morning to tell of a blond moment or in her case senior moment 62 yrs.
I must have heard her complain about her battery light always coming on for the last month or so.
She kept telling me she had to take it in and have it checked but kept putting it off.
She had just replaced the alternator and battery over the summer in her 1999 Alero with 50K.
Well she stopped at the Advance Auto by her to have the battery checked. The guy who she said was very nice came out and tested her battery and alternator and said everything checked out.
She was sitting in the car and said the BATTERY
light is still on.
Well he sticks his head in the open door and looks. I'm amazed the guy had the composer not to bust out laughing at her.
It was her low coolant light that has been on all this time.
He sold her a $10 bottle of premixed coolant and topped it off for her.
She said he was so nice and never said a word about to me about my stupidity. I said to her they see this every day. Don't worry your not the first or the last one who will amuse these guys this week. I asked why she didn't look at the light and see what the symbol on the light was. She said she just assumed the light was the battery since that was what was wrong the last time.
dunno.gif

At least she always services the car as required.

Nah it was down just enough to set the light off.
She said she is going to check the garage floor for evidence of a leak.

Could have been worse. It could have been the Oil (a.k.a - replace engine soon) light.

I hate to say it, but when it comes time to list my wife's car for sale, the classified ad is going to say:

"Great condition, Lady driven (but male maintained)"

Tosh, my VW GTI has a low coolant light.

Hirev, that's a very good observation. I would be very suspicious of any coolant loss in a late-model GM 6-cylinder engine. As the fellow in the new Dodge Ram commercial says at the end: "That can't be good".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back