My best bargain on motor oil yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any license numbers or anything else that could be traced back to a specific maker?

I tried to search on the brand itself but nothing comes up.

Originally Posted by Superflan
Originally Posted by kschachn
So you trust the rest? Why would you?

I may be candid but I think it's a branding issue. Like Bendix now has a brand of motor oil, yet it's not on the API list (even "Almanar group").
ELF (Total) products on the API list ? Only lists some API SN oils, yet I swear I can still find some API SL ELF oils on the shelves !

I won't trust the API list. Seems too short. Even on a reputable brand like ELF (TOTAL !!)

Even Q8 (Kuwait Petroleum Research & Technology), a reputable industrial lubrification company doing motor oils, have numerous API products in their line. Yet, only 3 are listed...

Can't find any europpean store brand (like your US Supertech), yet those are reputable oils here. I don't know... I'll ask consumer support. Maybe spend a few bucks for a VOA.

The API certification is the standard of motor oils and while a quality product may not need a API certification. Having one means there is at least a verified quality the product has. With your beloved Auchan there is no basis for it quality.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Are there any license numbers or anything else that could be traced back to a specific maker?

I tried to search on the brand itself but nothing comes up.

The "EMB" code on the printed label is known to mean that this oil (and some others) are made by a white label oil bottling company: Durand Production. Rumors from looking at where the President works tells that oil might be sourced from IGOL company, that maybe buy oil from a major.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back