My $1 ocod 4k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this little guy for a buck. Might be a little bit older because the ADBV is nitrile black. I dunno when they upgraded.
Anyway other than the media and end caps tearing fairly easily by applying pressure with my fingers, it was fine. I'd put it on par with the Beck & Arnley s and puro classics Ive cut open before this. It tore about as easily as the Beck n Arnley did when applying pressure.. Anyway neither one tore during use and I don't suspect they were gonna anytime soon. Puros didn't tear through so easily except for one old p1.
I feel a little disappointed because I was looking forward to bashing fram. I love to bash fram. More so because of its cult like following here on bitog.
It's an adequate filter for a normal oci I think. Nothing special but equal to the the other filters in it's class I'd say. Little over priced at normal everyday cost.
On the bright side there was no carbon build up or whatever it was that was present 4k miles ago when I put this fram on.
The oil was ST 5w30
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by CT8
What is the dark jelled looking stuff?

It's just the reflection of light through the trees above me. I can see how it sort of made it look unusual.

That oil on the box looks like thick slime. Fram EGs may not look pretty, but they work fine, better than some. That's where logic overcomes misconception based on only looks.

With the money saved maybe you can rest easy knowing they are a decent filter. Now onto tracking down the monkey who put that awful looking steering wheel cover on.

Originally Posted by Marco620
With the money saved maybe you can rest easy knowing they are a decent filter. Now onto tracking down the monkey who put that awful looking steering wheel cover on.

Yeah because I was sure unrestful over wondering if those filters we're decent or not lol!!! Because there isn't like 50 other options easily accessible, or, well uh.
Hope you do find your sister real soon.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Old OCOD, no tears even on a 4k OCI. How long was it on there?

Suck on that, cowboy hat wearing youtube guy!

Just a month or so.
Any filter sure better be capable of lasting 4kk

Wow, supertech and an OCOD. You must hate your vehicle
lol.gif
.. I kid.

Glad to see it performed well. The Internet really gave the oil and the filter a bad rap over the years.

What time of car?

Originally Posted by Pinoak
Originally Posted by CT8
What is the dark jelled looking stuff?

It's just the reflection of light through the trees above me. I can see how it sort of made it look unusual.

Now that you posted what I am looking at Yes I can see the trees.
banana2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back