Musk suggests a robot tax ? Basic Universal Income

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
A more interesting test would be stop ALL welfare, both personal and corporate, and see what happens.

The government would be out of business real quick. The people would have plenty of time to wake up.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Like everything else the Wynne government touches, this is going to be a disaster of epic proportions. She's got the faecal touch, everything that meets her hands turns to giant steaming piles of excrement.

Nice. I was dumbfounded that anyone even "re-"elected her after assuming the position by default. Wynne is such a firesale sell-out, taxn'spend, money grubber and Justin is only enabling it.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

How are the homeless people supposed to look for a job when they spend every waking minute looking for aluminum cans ? I see those people everyday pushing their carts down the street piled high with cans; those people work very hard. If they had a safety net to fall back on, they'd have more time to find employment.

Helping people is always great, the problem is it's only being done in a way the fosters dependency- from domestic welfare to foreign aid. People shouldn't be gifted regular cheques, but rather opportunity and follow-through support IMO. It's the same more-harm-than-good-scenario veterans face; PTSD? Here, take a cocktail of pills until your so ripped out of your gourd you can't remember your name. "Nevermind the horrible side effects and suicidal thoughts, just take these 50 pills each day and go home". Pfizer or whoever makes their money from the publicly-funded medical contracts, and vets "just go away". It's disgusting how harmful the 'help' we offer people is these days.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
People certainly do own land. At least the principle of owning private property should be respected.

Nobody in this country owns their own land; we rent the land from the government in the form of property taxes. Guess what happens to the land when the taxes aren't paid ?

Yes you do own land. You own it provided you fully paid off your loans to the bank. With property taxes, being forced into the position of a lessee, with the government the landlord, just means that you are being forbidden to fully exercise your right of ownership.

I get where you're coming from

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Helping people is always great, the problem is it's only being done in a way the fosters dependency- from domestic welfare to foreign aid.

Nobody in this world should be homeless; especially in the USA. When I see a homeless person, I don't blame the person; I blame the corrupt government. All the rest of us are paying taxes on government borrowed money that the government will never be able to pay back. 19 Trillion dollars. The government is going to keep borrowing money no matter how many taxes we pay. We could all stop paying taxes tomorrow and it would make absolutely no difference whatsoever; our taxes are never going to pay off 19 Trillion. At this point, we are all literally paying taxes for nothing. In the meantime, the government is still giving money away to other countries in the form of foreign aid with borrowed money that we're supposed to be paying taxes on. Let that digest in your brain for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back