Musk Says Tesla ‘Dug Our Own Grave’ With The Cybertruck

Well well looks like Elon might be waking up to reality or not. "

Elon Musk says the Cybertruck is one of those things “that comes along only once in a long while,” but it hasn't "come along" at all".​

So if this endeavor is going this bad will the board of directors finally consider tossing Elon out the door? Word is very few will get out the door next year and ramp-up will actually happen in 2025. I'm still skeptical that 2 million deposits are actually put down on this thing. Rumor has it not sure, hard to say but I've read that as much as 20 percent of the deposits put down on the Cybertruck are flippers hoping to cash in early. If so that could be part of the "huge demand" that Tesla is supposedly seeing.

Well well looks like Elon might be waking up to reality or not. "

Elon Musk says the Cybertruck is one of those things “that comes along only once in a long while,” but it hasn't "come along" at all".​

So if this endeavor is going this bad will the board of directors finally consider tossing Elon out the door? Word is very few will get out the door next year and ramp-up will actually happen in 2025. I'm still skeptical that 2 million deposits are actually put down on this thing. Rumor has it not sure, hard to say but I've read that as much as 20 percent of the deposits put down on the Cybertruck are flippers hoping to cash in early. If so that could be part of the "huge demand" that Tesla is supposedly seeing.
It looks like a joke on 4 wheels, maybe he should get the boot. I'll leave it at that.

LOL. Not even close. The Cybertruck won't make or break Tesla. The low cost model priced under the Model 3 and autonomous driving might.

They probably do have a lot of deposits on it, but once the pricing is released a lot will cancel. These will be way north of $100k+ and be a status symbol for the same type of people that bought Hummers. Tesla isn't pricing these to allow anyone to flip them.
I don't know. When the Civic Type R was finally sold in the USA a few people early on were getting $10-$20 grand over sticker. But with all of the high vehicle prices I think the public is getting tired of vehicle flippers. A Nissan dealership I think in California has a new Nismo 400z with an eye watering $159,400 window sticker. So 80 grand over msrp.

This is the guy who was forced out as Tesla's Chairman over the "funding secured" tweet and was forced to continue with a $44 billion acquisition because he got himself into a agreement he couldn't back out of (but boy did he try).

When Musk comments that Tesla "dug it's own grave," take him at his word: The guy's a mastermind at digging holes for himself.

I don't know. When the Civic Type R was finally sold in the USA a few people early on were getting $10-$20 grand over sticker. But with all of the high vehicle prices I think the public is getting tired of vehicle flippers. A Nissan dealership I think in California has a new Nismo 400z with an eye watering $159,400 window sticker. So 80 grand over msrp.

Tesla sells direct so they can price the vehicle as high as they want. The dealer addendum is built into MSRP. There will be huge demand for the first models and there won't be many, so they're going to get as much as they can for them.

Elon's very original idea for a vehicle with a stainless steel body :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Wait til about 5-8 years old… after the initial “gotta have it” factor has faded, and before all the crusties think their 175HP ‘86 Monte Carlo SS is worth 30 grand because they kept it under a cover for 40 years…

I think they’ll run into the same “$40,000 issue” as the Lightning and Silverado EV.

At $40k it was a fun novelty to put $100 down as a fully refundable deposit. But when it comes time to actually order and it’s maybe $65k-$70k to start (with high interest rates), the actual orders will be much lower than originally estimated. I think it’ll largely be current Tesla owners who buy it anyway - it’ll take away sales from their other models.

It somehow gets even uglier as time goes on…
IMG_3395.jpeg

IMG_3396.jpeg

I doubt Tesla can make a Cybertruck profit in 18 months. As a major capitol investment, that would beat just about any completely new vehicle introduction. Look at the billion$ everyone else is losing on their EV endeavors. Ford is losing billion$ on the Lightning and they have been building trucks for almost 100 years. GM was losing $9K or more on every Bolt they sell.

Back