Multiple filters cut open: Wix, Motorcraft, Fram

Status
Not open for further replies.
I much rather have better flow than filtering, flow is the most important to me and all the engines we build.. What good is super clean oil if it takes longer to get to everything that needs oil? Just my opinion but it seemed to work flawlessly for over 30 years.

I understand now.

FRAM's only have to go as long as it says on the box.

But other standard filters have to go 15,000 miles or until the OLM says uncle.

So go ahead, have some more Kool Aid, and keep telling yourselves that the FRAM looks great.

But all that high efficiency media doesn't do you much good if the media cartridge is all crumpled and misshapen in the can.

But FRAM did made some good money on that filter!!!

The extra guard is presented with un documented mileage. Who knows it could have 20k miles on it...

And for you crazyoildude you just never will get it will you? Flow isn't limited by the filter.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
I understand now.

FRAM's only have to go as long as it says on the box.

But other standard filters have to go 15,000 miles or until the OLM says uncle.

So go ahead, have some more Kool Aid, and keep telling yourselves that the FRAM looks great.

But all that high efficiency media doesn't do you much good if the media cartridge is all crumpled and misshapen in the can.

But FRAM did made some good money on that filter!!!

I dont know of too many OLM's that can go to 15k. Purolator does make a Classic for cars with 10k intervals though. Not only do they make a Classic, but its also the only Purolator made option out there. (Most DIY'ers dont know Mann and Purolator are related either.)

THe pictures of the FRAM is why I will never buy even a FRAM Ultra filter, I will stick with Amsoil EAO units, solid built, proven quality, and top tier efficiency.

Originally Posted By: zpinch
THe pictures of the FRAM is why I will never buy even a FRAM Ultra filter, I will stick with Amsoil EAO units, solid built, proven quality, and top tier efficiency.

The Fram Extra Guard and Fram Ultra are 2 different animals.

"I look at the Toyota Prius and that is why I'd never buy a Toyota Tacoma." How does this make sense?

Originally Posted By: zpinch

There isn't an Ultra pictured. That's an el-cheapo Extra Guard. Besides, Fram makes the Amsoil filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back