Moving boxes strategy

A few asked- we ended up renting a condo in Steilacoom, WA. $1300 ABOVE our targeted budget (15,600 annually above our projected budget). The condo is in an unmanned gated community and has a FOUR car garage. Actually, a three-car garage and a workshop bay in a separate building. Never heard of a condo with a three-car garage plus small drive-in workshop- but it works for me.

Devastating to pay $1300 above our targeted monthly rent goal. Rentals appear hard to get, premium unleaded is near $5 in Washington. The condo is only 6.6 miles from my work. Hoping the fuel savings will offset some of the pricey monthly rental cost. We were looking at rentals one hour away in good traffic, who knows what the commute is in rush hour/ bad traffic. I bit the bullet and am paying the juice on this condo. At least my Wife may be happy. We have not seen the place, but we are already paying the monthly rent.

Steilacoom is not too bad a place. That does sound like a unique condo though. Prices of everything are high here as they are elsewhere. I suspect you will find it expensive to live here.

Premium is closer to $6 a gallon. As for the commute, that will be an adventure. 6 miles is not bad though. It might be better to avoid the Interstate during the heavy traffic. A typical rush hour jam here goes between Olympia and Marysville.

Reactions: GON
Steilacoom is not too bad a place. That does sound like a unique condo though. Prices of everything are high here as they are elsewhere. I suspect you will find it expensive to live here.

Premium is closer to $6 a gallon. As for the commute, that will be an adventure. 6 miles is not bad though. It might be better to avoid the Interstate during the heavy traffic. A typical rush hour jam here goes between Olympia and Marysville.
Thanks PimTac. No interstate involved in the commute, except I have to cross the interstate, and the crossing has on and off ramps so I am sure even crossing the interstate will take some time.

Back