Pictures of a oil hoarder??? moving his stash across country

Oil stash arrived safely in South Carolina. Only issue was trailer tires. One blew out, and under close inspection two more were starting to break apart. Wal-mart did a very efficient job replacing all four tires, and the price out the door under $350 for Carlisle brand. I wanted "e" load class, they only had "d" load class in stock.

IMG_20210622_183713_01.jpg
PXL_20210623_145836888.jpg
PXL_20210623_145836888.jpg

What brand were the bad tires?
Any chance you overloaded the trailer?
They were OEM tires, load class "c" Chinese made tires, and over three years old. The tires were at max capacity, driving 55-65mph all day long on the hot interstate. The tires visually looked great before I departed, and were at max air pressure.

While I was at wal-mart did some hasty research and this is what I found from a trailer tire review forum:

"" Watch the born on date, if you don't know what this is google it. The first pair were six months old which is okay. The second was three years old and that's not okay and were returned. Trailer tires usually "Time Out" instead of "Wear Out" especially in hot desert climates. Older trailer tires blow all the time because they don't get moved as much as a car tire. When the steel cords inside get hot from rolling on hot pavement they expand and make the tire fail. You wont know what age they are until they show up at your door. You don't usually want to "run" a tire more than after about five years old no matter what the tread looks like. ""

Your shadow in the above picture made me think about this: bizarro (this will indicate member's age if they know this guy)
1624554173794.png

Oil stash arrived safely in South Carolina. Only issue was trailer tires. One blew out, and under close inspection two more were starting to break apart. Wal-mart did a very efficient job replacing all four tires, and the price out the door under $350 for Carlisle brand. I wanted "e" load class, they only had "d" load class in stock.

View attachment 61275View attachment 61274View attachment 61274
I'm surprised that Wmart carries trailer tires.

Y
I'm surprised that Wmart carries trailer tires.
Yes, and had them in stock. Could not of been happier with the trailer tires wal-mart had in stocked the service the automotive shop provided. This Wal-mart in Tennessee was super well run. Kudos to its store leadership and employees.

Your shadow in the above picture made me think about this: bizarro (this will indicate member's age if they know this guy)
View attachment 61290
That was a bazar shadow. Wish I was as lean as the shadow made me out to be. Picture was taken in a Stuckey's parking lot just a few miles north of Marion, IL. Did not know Stuckeys were still around, but apparently in Southern Illinois they are.

Back