MotorKote

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrQuackers

Site Donor 2024
I am listening to Red Eye Radio and Ed from MotorKote is on the show. There is a rebate on the 32 ounce MotorKote Hyper Lubricant of $6. He said that if you write 'Red Eye' on the receipt he will double the rebate to $12. Pretty sweet. Truckers like it, and I am sure they are sticklers for tracking results. It is $26.44 at Walmart, most likely as cheap as you'll find it at a retailer. Click on the link below and you'll be able to print out the rebate form. There several different rebates to choose from.

*** MotorKote Promotions ***

motorkote-product-images_new-website.jpg

I use it around home as an all purpose lube. It is fantastic for anything in general (look at their list of uses). I've used it for many years for many things and it is great.

However I tried it once in ('06) in a C15 Cat truck engine and the aluminum, chromium and iron went sky high for that oci. I called Ed and asked him what was going on. He said it was cleaning out deposits from my engine.
confused.gif

That was certainly not the case, but if it was they should market it as an engine cleaner. Ed (motorkote) has sponsored the overnight trucking radio shows for many years and is a good guy but I don't buy what he told me. Plenty of others have noted this affect to Ed and he tells them the same thing about cleaning.

Again, it's a great lube for many things and it doesn't seem to attract any dust where you spray it on. I use it on my chain saw chain, garage door runners, door hinges, under my lawn mower and lots of other "stuff". I just don't use it in any engines.

I purchased the 32 oz yesterday and taking advantage to the double price coupon being offered.

I've had really good luck using it inside my generator, snow-blower and rider lawn mower. Im using it in my vehicles and will soon send the oil off for full analysis.

Does anyone know what is in motorkote?

I found this old thread but not much info, unless if i missed something.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1725285

I know that some ingredients are proprietary and we will likely not know all the details, but i am not able to find an msds or or at least a technical sheet of some sort...

Thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited:
Quick turnaround on the rebate, just a few weeks. I think currently it is only the $6 rebate, not doubled.

Last edited:
With would anyone say this is snake oil? Have you seen the video on youtube ?

Originally Posted By: Trav
That product checks all the boxes for Grade A snake oil. I wouldn't put it in an engine.

Interesting video on you tube, but I have grown very skeptical of any Timken bearing test thing on any product over the years. Ever wonder why many of these folks always do things with that machine but never provide substantive, objective results from fleet testing or similar? And most of us know, it is one thing to run something on a timken bearing tester setup, but quite another to run something in a internal combustion engine. Even Amsoil, in their discussing the "one armed bandit" timken machine, showed head and shoulders shampoo exceeding the best synthetic oil. I have no clue if Motorkote is good or bad. I don't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back