Motorkote - My personal experience on video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth is good; truth will set you free. Is there anything more you could add? Not something I would use in any of my vehicles as they are not DI and clean without the use of additives. Simply good quality oil and filter with a reasonable OCI for the conditions I drive. IIRC your 08 Titan mentioned isn't DI either. We had a 10 Titan in the stable for about 8 years and it was not DI either.

I'm not challenging you on the gas mileage increase statement as I bet you did see an increase. But that wouldn't be the Motorcote directly, that would likely be the Motorcote breaking up some deposits. That can be good and bad depending....How long have you been using the Motorkote? If you haven't I would make sure to cut open the filter and check to see what is being caught. If you would, please share filter pics with us. I'd be interested to see the results.

Thanks for posting the video.

Truth is good; truth will set you free. Is there anything more you could add? Not something I would use in any of my vehicles as they are not DI and clean without the use of additives. Simply good quality oil and filter with a reasonable OCI for the conditions I drive. IIRC your 08 Titan mentioned isn't DI either. We had a 10 Titan in the stable for about 8 years and it was not DI either.

I'm not challenging you on the gas mileage increase statement as I bet you did see an increase. But that wouldn't be the Motorcote directly, that would likely be the Motorcote breaking up some deposits. That can be good and bad depending....How long have you been using the Motorkote? If you haven't I would make sure to cut open the filter and check to see what is being caught. If you would, please share filter pics with us. I'd be interested to see the results.

Thanks for posting the video.
Kind of like the moly crap stuff too....but hey if you like an oil additive then more power to you....Its your vehicle...

I wouldn't call LM and Tribotex snake oil as they actually do contain somewhat useful additives. Their effectiveness is just well below the bar of even the most basic API oil so they can't provide any benefit over what's already there. Motorkote, Slick 50, Lucas Oil Stabilizer, and similar contain no useful additives or base oils at all and thus are snake oil and potentially harmful. Motorkote is 27% chlorinated paraffin which has shown time and time again to cause corrosion in an engine. It's engine cancer in a bottle with a massive profit margin.

Last edited:
Kind of like the moly crap stuff too....but hey if you like an oil additive then more power to you....Its your vehicle...

So whatcha sayin is you ain't got nothing but it feels good? This post should be removed as it is rather obviously a sales pitch. If not, come back with something other than a hug please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back