motorcycle seat comfort

I have somewhat solved my rear end aches, the extra thick seat cushion I now have and those pain patches I got have made all bearable now,,,one patch on each hip and one patch on lower back,,,,,its working and all, but will report if all this goes downl hill...................:)

True to it's racing intent my RC45's saddle is firm as a board...
gallery_3131_51_26391.jpg

I laid the stock seat pan over a 3 inch block of T47 extra firm Temper foam...
"Temper Foam® is a temperature sensitive foam which gets softer and more malleable when warmed
and firmer when cooled. It is a visco- elastic material ideal for orthopaedic and prosthetic applications.

gallery_3131_51_45760.jpg

I cut the basis shape using a electric carving knife...

gallery_3131_51_30179.jpg

I glued the foam to the plastic pan with 3M Weather Strip or Gorilla
Snot if you will... next I shaped the foam with a air driven sander...

gallery_3131_51_13551.jpg

Behold... I went from a 30 minute seat to a 12 hour seat... old guys
know comfort and know how to get it too...

Number10SeatMod01.JPG

Last edited:
I mountain bike as well, been using cycling shorts and know how well they distribute the load, and do it comfortably. Combined with any seat makes for a better ride.

I have somewhat solved my rear end aches, the extra thick seat cushion I now have and those pain patches I got have made all bearable now,,,one patch on each hip and one patch on lower back,,,,,its working and all, but will report if all this goes downl hill...................:)
I have added a thick foam pad I got at the truck stop, doesnt look good but I sit on it and no one sees it,,,lol my rear end is back to normal .............lol

I have a Saddlemen seat with Fart channel that has been great in hot weather

My metric bikes were always Mustang seats.

On the Road King I must’ve tried four or five styles of Mustang, Saddleman and Harley Davidson and possibly another brand I can’t remember, I was getting desperate. The Holly Davidson seats suck.

Ultimately, it was none of the above and a little known brand called Rush which I think was produced by somebody else and sold under the Rush company name. Not only that, but it was cheap as heck.
Been using that seat for eight years now and over 30,000 miles and I couldn’t be more happy. My passenger is happy too, and for me has some actual lower back support. Yet it isnt so thick as to feel like I’m sitting on a sofa feels perfectly natural seated well into the bike.

I don’t think the seat style is sold anymore and certainly not close to the price that I paid for it back in 2014
IMG_8203.jpeg
IMG_8204.jpeg

Last edited:
Back