MotorcraftFL-910S

Good Briggs & Stratton oil filter for way less $
I run the 400s on my B&S commercial turf engine in my Ferris ZTR, because of the way a couple cables are routed down by the filter, the 400 is actually easier to get on than the OEM filter is.

I run the 400s on my B&S commercial turf engine in my Ferris ZTR, because of the way a couple cables are routed down by the filter, the 400 is actually easier to get on than the OEM filter is.
Yeah, I’m already tight on mine since the OEM puts a yellow stubby over priced filter there
actually running an XG3614 … all I had and grabbed it (fits our Fusion ) … need to scoop up an MC

It was off of my Fusion, actually. Good guess though, we have a Focus as well (parents car), and it was using an FL-910S until recently.

Looks better than I expected; was half-expecting to see something up with it, based on some of the posts I've seen here about Motorcraft filters. Maybe I got lucky.
Not lucky. The 910 is a very fine filter. I've been using them for 10+years in my Fords and they always look this even with my normal 10K OCI.

I use the 910s on my B&S powered lawn tractor and also on my Kawasaki powered zero turn. Too bad it won't work on the Frontier.
I have used the 910 on my 8 year old Craftsman rider with the 21HP engine. I change the oil and filter every 2 years and the filter always looks great.

The 2008 Escape take the FL820S so I am glad to know these are good filters. The 1994 Econoline takes the FL1A. I will continue using them I only use mine for 3000

No. I haven’t they are great filters from my experience.

Just saying ... of all the cut open and posted Motorcraft filters, the FL-820S has shown sporadic media tearing issues. They can and do tear if the pleat spacing is bad, just like any other oil filter can.

Just saying ... of all the cut open and posted Motorcraft filters, the FL-820S has shown sporadic media tearing issues. They can and do tear if the pleat spacing is bad, just like any other oil filter can.
That’s strange though that it would be just the 820S ones I have searched here and am seeing that more I wonder if something is used differently in these

That’s strange though that it would be just the 820S ones I have searched here and am seeing that more I wonder if something is used differently in these

The 820 is the longer version of the 910. Longer pleats, and too wide of pleat spacing puts more stress on the media at the ends where it's glued to the end caps. That's where the media can tear as the oil flow force bends the pleats over. The 910 cut and posts show that the pleats are typically spaced tighter at the seam than the 820.

The 820 is the longer version of the 910. Longer pleats, and too wide of pleat spacing puts more stress on the media at the ends where it's glued to the end caps. That's where the media can tear as the oil flow force bends the pleats over. The 910 cut and posts show that the pleats are typically spaced tighter at the seam than the 820.
Oh ok I didn’t know they had the longer version of that one. That makes sense why it would do that.

Yes the 820's on the outside look spectacular. They aren't on the inside.
The 910 is great as others have noted.
I use them on ope and my Cmax.
Nice. On my Escape since it’s my dads he won’t let me use anything else but the 820S so I couldn’t put the 910S he thinks the taller the filter the better it is lol

Nice. On my Escape since it’s my dads he won’t let me use anything else but the 820S so I couldn’t put the 910S he thinks the taller the filter the better it is lol

Show him some torn 820s and he might change his mind. The Escape engine isn't gaining anything from the longer 820 unless maybe if you're doing extended OCIs. I believe the 910 is what Ford specifies for the Escape.

Show him some torn 820s and he might change his mind. The Escape engine isn't gaining anything from the longer 820 unless maybe if you're doing extended OCIs. I believe the 910 is what Ford specifies for the Escape.
I am not sure which one it is. When I look it up on google, the auto parts store site and rockauto it all shows the 820S for the V6 engine. I’ll show him but he rarely changes his mind and gets angry about it lol 😂

I am not sure which one it is. When I look it up on google, the auto parts store site and rockauto it all shows the 820S for the V6 engine. I’ll show him but he rarely changes his mind and gets angry about it lol 😂

You better double check. Motorcraft filter look-up says it should be using the FL-500S ... which has a better track record than the FL-820S.

Ford OEM Oil Filters FordParts com.png

What the MC/Purolator’s have in common is weak paper media … I cut open several and it’s just weak - full stop.
Add that to wide and longer pleats … that’s just leverage on weak material. I think the FL910S is best suited to use this media as it is a very compact oil filter.

Back