Motorcraft FL-816

Well I guess Scotty Kilmer was watching this thread, and made this video to explain it clearly for everyone:

The MC FL-816 filters would be fine for up to 7500, not sure I would push them too far. I bet ADBV action will be the first to go on them. Purolator nitrile ones don't seem to hold up too well, I've seen them harden & fail inside of 2500 miles on Quaker State oil filters before.

Well I put the Motorcraft filter on last weekend. Engine immediately seized and then proceeded to catch on fire. Guess I need to buy Royal Purple filters in the future for my 4k oil changes on my honda.
Be sure and add oil, next time.:alien:

So is the motorcraft fl 816 the same as purolator l41610, or slightly different? purolator looks taller

The Fram has a silicone ADBV though, does the Purolator use synthetic blend media like motocraft?

Using an "approved" and known-quality filter (standard Motorcraft, Supertech, Fram PH series, etc. etc. etc.) is perfectly normal.....
and it is NOT "treating my vehicle like crap" by using a $4 filter.
These are approved filters that meet manufacturers specifications.
Some people's heads almost exploded (back in the day) when they found out their beloved Honda oil filter was a Fram PH filter in different paint & with a Honda part number. Generally, a Honda will last well over 200,000 miles running what is essentially the cheapest Fram made.... 94% at 30 microns or something or another? Would it go 400,000 miles if it had Fram XG or Amsoil filters all of it's life?
Maybe....
but that is data that is very difficult to obtain, due to the variable that occur in an uncontrolled test environment (the average Joe car owner who is commuting daily, 51-52 weeks a year)

I can respect that.
You have been pretty good about being factual in past discussions, but even now your emotions sway your objectivity just ever so slightly - - but still noticeable.
By the way, have you got any recent particle count data you can share? *Not* from other studies - I mean from your own personal vehicles.

The original poster asks:

The simplest answer is "Yes" - to which i would add "Don't worry about buying the best filter available... your car will be just fine with basically any approved oil filter that is considered to generally be of good quality". If he comes back and starts asking about particle counts and ISO tests, then that's fine.
We must obey the marketing.

Back