Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: oilchangeguy
Any worries?

No. It is a fine oil.

Originally Posted By: oilchangeguy

thanks

Your welcome.

Very, very good oil. Hyndai engines are fairly easy on oil, and the MC syn-blend in them will easily go 7500 miles if you want to extend your OCI's to save further money.

You can always try out the 5w20 motorcraft blend. The 5w30 is good and all but is just the the smokin' deal the 5w20 is.

M1 Synthetic runs 22$/5Qts. MC is 15$/5Qts.

So at 5000mi, thats 0.004$/mi vs 0.003$/mi, I think I would use Synthetics any day, especially at such minimal cost difference.

No need to run synthetics right now. You're getting plenty of protection at 5K OCI's with Motorcraft or a Group II+ like Pennzoil yellow bottle. I've run both in my 2007 4.0 Tacoma and just turned 85K with no problems at all. You can get a 5qt. jug of the MC 5w20 for $11 or the Pennzoil for $12. Grab a MC filter for $3.50 and you're good. I'm running Yellow Bottle 5w20 right now during the Winter months and will switch out when I start towing my boat to 5w30 in the Summer. No worries running a SM rated conventional right now.

Originally Posted By: Catera
M1 Synthetic runs 22$/5Qts. MC is 15$/5Qts.

So at 5000mi, thats 0.004$/mi vs 0.003$/mi, I think I would use Synthetics any day, especially at such minimal cost difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back