Motor Trend: DOHC LT6 Engine in 2023 C8 Corvette Z06: Details and Power.

All that complexity ......460 lb-ft of torque at 6,300 rpm - that part's a step back.

Not sure how I feel about it yet.

At this point the best thing about may be that the journalists that cover may finally **** about it.
Yes, the peaky nature of this engine will be more fun in hard driving and less fun at other times. The added expense will be huge for a car that will end up feeling less torquey in day to day driving.

I like how it all looks on paper but can we trust GM DOHC to be durable? All the 3.6 V6 variants are having issues at some point.

Will it be worth the premium over a standard vette?

I appreciate the fact that GM is offering a good enthusiast car at all price points:

$36k Camaro LT1 V8
$68k Corvette 1LT Z51 (if you could buy it of course)
$85k CT5-V Blackwing (my favorite expensive choice)
$100k Corvette Z06 (My wild guess as a starting price)

Wait for the twin turbo, then things will get real exiting, the pushrod engine has been around long enough and it has a good run but its time to shelve it like the engines it replaced the L and F head.

For sure - but then again I can make a lawnmower exciting with twin turbos.

59C34427-0446-4C8D-8E3E-018E5F111AD6.jpg

All that complexity ......460 lb-ft of torque at 6,300 rpm - that part's a step back.

Not sure how I feel about it yet.

At this point the best thing about may be that the journalists that cover may finally **** about it.
I've found that gearing can cover that, also, just because peak torque is at 6300rpm, doesn't mean that the low end is bad. I remember LT1 guys thinking they had the LS1 guys off the line. Nah bruh. I got humbled fast in my LT1 by LS1 cars, lol!

This thread is having testosterone issues … this will be the most track capable Vette until the ZR1 …

If you want a straight line car from the factory… go get a Hellcat …
You misspelled Tesla. I'm not a fan of Tesla, but nothing on this planet does straight line as well, reliably, for anywhere near the price, that is street legal.

You misspelled Tesla. I'm not a fan of Tesla, but nothing on this planet does straight line as well, reliably, for anywhere near the price, that is street legal.
Yep. Tesla plaid so fast you can destroy houses with it at 116 mph on a 35 mph street in florida if your not careful.

I've found that gearing can cover that, also, just because peak torque is at 6300rpm, doesn't mean that the low end is bad. I remember LT1 guys thinking they had the LS1 guys off the line. Nah bruh. I got humbled fast in my LT1 by LS1 cars, lol!

A 10 speed box (edit 8 speed box) covers up a lack or torque - for a while.

Last edited:
This thread is having testosterone issues … this will be the most track capable Vette until the ZR1 …

If you want a straight line car from the factory… go get a Hellcat …

... and thats really great for the what 3% of guys that have or ever will be on a track?

Speaking of the track ....It will be interesting to see what its comparison time is against an ACR.

On the street its gonna have its tail between its legs when a guy that spent some dough on a lingenfelter engined vette shows up.

The straight-line only guys are all into plaids now.

... and thats really great for the what 3% of guys that have or ever will be on a track?

Speaking of the track ....It will be interesting to see what its comparison time is against an ACR.

On the street its gonna have its tail between its legs when a guy that spent some dough on a lingenfelter engined vette shows up.

The straight-line only guys are all into plaids now.
Yeah most will not track it ever, a few will go once. They will spend way more for this ZO6 and have less torque during most of their driving.

I wish they would have just done the 6.6 liter crank, ported heads and a warmer cam for the Z06 and priced it a little less. It would still be torque city, simple, reliable, and what everyone interested in a Vette expects. They could have it an easy 550hp at 6.6 liters n/a pushrod style with parts they already have.

Couldn't agree more. Isn't part of the allure of a GM/Corvette the torque punch from down low.

1996 called... the Northstar is on Line 2 on Ms. Barra.

Punch down low? Make mine a turbo please.

According to GM it will ship with an 8 speed dual clutch auto only. With it's weight distribution it will likely be one of the quickest 2 wheel drive ICE cars on the planet, with some sweet top end to match, 200+ for sure.

Superbly track capable, my GM contact tells me the track boyz won ALL the arguments this time around!

Back