Motor Silk auto trans treatment in bike...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to use Motor-silk auto trans treatment in a 4 stroke engine that shares the engine and trans oil? The treatment is atf with the main ingredient in it. 1989 Suxuki gsx-r 750. No guessing posts,please.

What are you trying to accomplish? If the bike has a wet clutch, engine "treatments" may cause it to slip.

IMHO, stay away from supplemental oil additives and use a quality diesel engine oil or somthing like M1 15w-50 or Mobil's excellent (but expensive) MX4T synthetic.

Drew

Originally Posted By: Drew2000
What are you trying to accomplish? If the bike has a wet clutch, engine "treatments" may cause it to slip.

IMHO, stay away from supplemental oil additives and use a quality diesel engine oil or something like M1 15w-50 or Mobil's excellent (but expensive) MX4T synthetic.Drew
Well,it's technically an auto trans treatment.I don't see a difference,because an auto trans is the same,"wet clutch", right? So shouldn't it work?

I've called them,but right away they say you can't "because it's for an auto trans".It's like when your mom or dad would just say"no,you can't" and you kept asking why not. Well, as far as i know, an auto trans also has the same wet-clutch setup ,right? As far as the rings,the engine oil treatment has the exact same ingredient.What i want to get out of this is more power,whatever it'll be and secondary is mileage.Lower operating temps and longer lasting parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back