Mother Speed Clay 2.0 ?

DR1

Is this specific item a fine clay bar or is it a medium clay bar?

Attachments

• 2.0.jpg
    2.0.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 25
My truck has never been clayed. It is a 2008 and sits in the sun all day. Is this a good choice for me? I wanna clay my truck and then wax it really well.

I got a cheap mitt off Amazon, as I knew nothing about this clay business. Dang thing worked amazing on our 2001 Tundra that has never seen the inside of a garage. I bet this Mutha will work great too.

Don't apply pressure; let the clay thing do the work. Good luck.

Last edited:
a 2008 that has never been clayed will take multiple passes with clay bars to get clean, your first pass may fill the clay bar up before you even finish. i would buy multiple clay bars in bulk and make a soapy water mix in spray bottle and intend on being there a while.

a 2008 that has never been clayed will take multiple passes with clay bars to get clean, your first pass may fill the clay bar up before you even finish. i would buy multiple clay bars in bulk and make a soapy water mix in spray bottle and intend on being there a while.
The topic of this thread is a synthetic "clay" bar.

I have one and been pretty pleased with it. Easier than clay and if your paint is pretty good it works even better.

I used the Mothers Speed Clay 2.0 but I like traditional clay better. With traditional clay, you can see the contaminants that the clay is pulling off of the paint and it gave me more confidence that it was doing its job.

That being said, I found that the Speed Clay 2.0 item works well to clean windshield of baked on bug residue and tree sap that don't want to come off with glass cleaner and paper towels or MF towels right away. I first clean the glass with my favorite glass cleaner and paper towels to get most of the dirt, bugs and road film off, then apply a generous amount of glass cleaner and use the Mothers Speed Clay 2.0 to deep clean the glass and then finish up with more cleaner and an MF towel.

At least it didn't end up in a box in my garage with all kinds of other car care items that I tried and never used again.

Back