Mother is looking for a new car, need advice.

The standby Camry. I don't know your needs (haven't read all the criteria earlier in thread), but you can get into a used Avalon.

Last edited:
new toyota corrola for a four door sedan,, , nice car, decent financing , i would shy away from kia/hyundia,,,suburu cross trek also really nice too ,,, myself have a chevy trax all-wheel drive (2020),,,i like it.

2024 MITSUBISHI Mirage hatch or KIA Rio hatch . They're the least expensive . I'd take the MIRAGE over the RIO . The engine of the RIO has been out since '20 . The MIRAGE since '14 .

The cheap comes out expensive. If she just needs basic transportation, going cheap for a Mirage or something will turn into a jalopy in 5-10 years. Something like a Corolla? Look what's 20 years old on the road now. It isn't a Mirage or Kia.

The cheap comes out expensive. If she just needs basic transportation, going cheap for a Mirage or something will turn into a jalopy in 5-10 years. Something like a Corolla? Look what's 20 years old on the road now. It isn't a Mirage or Kia.

Exactly. I see plenty of old (late 90's, early 00's) Corolla's, Camry's, Rav4's still running around here. And that's in a rust belt state. Are yota's as reliable as they was? As a Toyota fanboy I'll even admit, heck no. However, they still seem to hold up decent.

The other old cars I see running about around here are Subaru's. Even though I wouldn't exactly recommend one, I gotta point it out. I'm surprised though as they seem to rot front sub-frames around here.

Honda Accord and Civic's of the late 90's early 00's are really prevalent as well.

2024 MITSUBISHI Mirage hatch or KIA Rio hatch . They're the least expensive . I'd take the MIRAGE over the RIO . The engine of the RIO has been out since '20 . The MIRAGE since '14 .

The 1.2 Ltr. 3 cylinder of the MIRAGE has been here since '14 . Longer abroad . The HYUNDA / KIA 1.6 Ltr. is new since '20 . Not sure about other countries .

I don't know if I'd trust the Mirage with a CVT but I believe the 5MT is a "world car" and likely to have good parts support. That said, it's a bit on the small size in our rather large country. I have a soft spot in my heart for them but I'm not sure I could buy nor recommend one.

Ford / Kia / Hyundai are consistently at the bottom of new car customer satisfaction surveys.

Toyota, Mazda, Subi, maybe even a GM at this point would be much better IMHO.

$300 with current finance rates won't get very far.
This. I sold vehicles at a Lexus and Volkswagen dealership. $300/month will be tough. I'd look around for an independent small dealership which is different than a buy here pay here. They might have some reasonable options.

Dont fleece a car....
What does fleecing a car mean?

The lessee has to make monthly payments until the lease term is up. Then they'll hand the keys back over to the lessor. Hear me loud and clear: Leasing is a complete rip-off. In fact, my good friend Dave Ramsey calls leasing “fleecing” because getting “fleeced” means getting taken advantage of financially. Sep 1st 2023

Reactions: hrv
My aunt stepped in and will be taking over from here. Cost of car will be around 15k, looking for Rav 4's and HRV's.

Back