Most reliable .380

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bradepb
I am a die hard Glock fan but would not waste money on a 42. Seriously guys , spend some time on Glock talk and you will see the 42 has had a terrible history.

The Glock 42 is smaller, and thus, less forgiving than the larger Glocks. Fact is, many shooters don't have proper grip, technique, and maintenance habits. I can't tell you how many times I have seen a person with a jammomatic gun ask me to look at it and it works fine in my hands. People dont have a proper grip, are using junk ammo, not lubricating their gun, and then blame the gun when they have a problem.

95% of the Glock "problem" G42 pistols would run just fine in my hands. Of course, I know how to properly grip, shoot, feed, and maintain a small pistol.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

The Glock 42 is smaller, and thus, less forgiving than the larger Glocks. Fact is, many shooters don't have proper grip, technique, and maintenance habits. I can't tell you how many times I have seen a person with a jammomatic gun ask me to look at it and it works fine in my hands. People dont have a proper grip, are using junk ammo, not lubricating their gun, and then blame the gun when they have a problem.

95% of the Glock "problem" G42 pistols would run just fine in my hands. Of course, I know how to properly grip, shoot, feed, and maintain a small pistol.

Here I agree 100%. The biggest problem with a large portion of these small, pocket pistol owners, is many, if not most of them are inexperienced semi auto pistol shooters. In that regard they are their own worst enemy in regards to the "failure rate" of these guns they are so attracted to.

I've accumulated almost $600 cash for Christmas and was wanting to buy a front pocket Ruger LCP-CT in .380, then save the leftover for some bullets, pocket holster and extra magazine.

Everybody locally is sold-out. It may be March-April before stores are restocked. This little pistol has been a hot seller at Christmas-time for a handful of years now.

Just my luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back