More exciting news about filters at Walmart. No, not Fram!

They now sell factory oil filters for Subaru, Nissan and Honda in addition to the other makes. Not great prices, though. I get my Honda filters from the dealer for $15, for example.

Attachments

• IMG_20230310_144114220.jpg
    IMG_20230310_144114220.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 226
Honda. Not sure about the generic-looking box, which I've never seen before. Made in 'Murcia though, heck yeah! Upside down, I know, on the phone here

Attachments

• IMG_20230311_161139308.jpg
    IMG_20230311_161139308.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 62
And some people think HPL hijacked this forum, even though they’re a sponsor… 🙄

OP, cool that your WM sells them, but they’re essentially blue cans with orange Fram guts and a bypass spring that’s 2x the pressure. You can obviously do what you want, but you’d be better off buying an XG or almost 2 TGs for that price. Heck, at $13/ea you’re not far off from a Royal Purple or Amsoil Ea…

And I’m one of the biggest Subie fans on the board (no offense, @blufeb95) 🤭

And some people think HPL hijacked this forum, even though they’re a sponsor… 🙄

OP, cool that your WM sells them, but they’re essentially blue cans with orange Fram guts and a bypass spring that’s 2x the pressure. You can obviously do what you want, but you’d be better off buying an XG or almost 2 TGs for that price. Heck, at $13/ea you’re not far off from a Royal Purple or Amsoil Ea…

And I’m one of the biggest Subie fans on the board (no offense, @blufeb95) 🤭
I believe even the orange can Fram makes it better. I wanted to try a HAMP Filter but you are correct; the TG series is the best value and as Honda MM sometimes only say change oil not oil AND filter that this would be the practical filter to get. I got to many of the 7317 as it is now to probably filter my way all the way back 🔙 to Earth 🌎🌍 since I recently hit the 238, 900 MI on the odometer. Might have to use the bathroom a time or two though.

Honda. Not sure about the generic-looking box, which I've never seen before. Made in 'Murcia though,.....
Afaik, A02 (pictured) has always been made in US by Fram. Must have needed a box to stock/sell at WM. From dealer, cello wrapped only with part number sticker. Last checked local dealer wanted $11-12, Honda current list (MSRP) price $9.36. With what's known about efficiency, no need for me to chase.

Unlike A02 here, Toyota Thia Denso 90915-YZZD3 sold at WM, last checked the price lower than local dealer.

Honda. Not sure about the generic-looking box, which I've never seen before. Made in 'Murcia though, heck yeah! Upside down, I know, on the phone here
Weird that they made a typo on the part number, should be …PLM-A02

Honda A02s from dealer are shrink wrapped not individually boxed. Does make sense that Walmart would want them boxed for shelf protection.

A02s are the Fram made ones. (A01 is the old school Filtech ones - holy grail, A03 is Mahle made I believe).

I was just wondering if WM would ever carry the OE Honda filter, then I also wondered if it would be a WM version so I’d likely get the dealer involved anyway haha.

Back