STP S10158XL or Fram Ultra XG10158 for '16 Toyota 4Runner?

Thank you everyone. I went with the Fram for the 20k rating and my observation for pleat spacing etc. I told them when the MM turns on which will be 5k, to get it done or see me and we will do it. Looking at inspection sticker from mid February, they have gone 6k miles since then and he said last OCI was in August, unknown oil/filter.

Filter housing and drain plug were WAY over torqued. 2 skid plate/plastic shield bolts were snapped off in the skid plate (got them out also).

Here is the filter that came out.
View attachment 214186
View attachment 214187
View attachment 214188
View attachment 214189

Looks ok to me. But the media app always to have done something or caught stuff as may be to my eyes fuzzy somewhat. Maybe I’m crazy not sure. Either way; filter did the job 👍🍺🇺🇸🇺🇸

I don't know about mileage or micron ratings but when I was at the dealer I asked and the factory Toyota filter from them is less than $7 each.

Since Toyota recommends 10k changes for the oil I would hope filter at least rated for that. I'll probably get one of those for next time.

Either way I'll try to help or get him to do the 5k changes so shouldn't have any issues from any of them.

Back